Top 10 Free Mac OS Text Editors For Web Developers
Text editor is used for reading basic text files and note-taking. Every computer comes with a basic text editor, for ex., Notepad for Windows and TextEdit for Mac OS X. But these text editors lacks in basic functionalities like tabbed interface, search or replace functions.
But if you want to add more functionality and do a little more than basic text editing, we are compiling a list of best text editors for Mac. All these editors offers basic functions as well as offers multiple file formats support, compiler integration support, syntax highlighting.
So, have a look on 10 best and free Mac OS text editors for web developers. If you think any other editor which you feel best suited in the list, feel free to drop a link in the comment and share with our readers.
[re] [rss] [ad1]
1) XEmacs : XEmacs is a highly customizable open source text editor and application development system. It is protected under the GNU Public License and related to other versions of Emacs, in particular GNU Emacs. Its emphasis is on modern graphical user interface support and an open software development model, similar to Linux.
3) Vim for Mac OS X : Vim is a highly configurable text editor, freely available for many different platforms. It supports tabs, full-screen editing, and transparent backgrounds. MacVim also has handy syntax highlighting to make editing/reading text files easier.
4) jEdit : jEdit is a mature programmer’s text editor built in Java language. jEdit beats many expensive development tools for features and ease of use, it is released as free software with full source code, provided under the terms of the GPL 2.0.
5) TextWrangler : TextWrangler is the powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server administrator’s tool. TextWrangler is a popular text editor for Mac OS X from Bare Bones Software. It was commercial in it starting but become freeware to their famous editor, BBEdit.
6) MadEdit : MadEdit is an Open-Source and Cross-Platform Text/Hex Editor written in C++ and wxWidgets. MadEdit can edit files in Text/Column/Hex modes, and supports many useful functions, e.g. SyntaxHighlightings, WordWrap, Encodings.
8 ) NEdit : NEdit is a multi-purpose text editor for the X Window System, which combines a standard, easy to use, graphical user interface with the thorough functionality and stability required by users who edit text eight hours a day. It provides intensive support for development in a wide variety of languages, text processors, and other tools, but at the same time can be used productively by just about anyone who needs to edit text.