8 Essential Tips To Increase Your Business Website Efficiency
To increase the effectiveness of your business website, you don’t have to make revolutionary changes. Most often, you just have to fix simple mistakes and introduce interesting innovations that work and attract customers.
Now we’ll give you a few excellent ideas that will help you increase the effectiveness of your business site and start selling more! Keep in mind: most of these tips are universal and are applied to any website – this is true for business portfolio, for a simple brochure site or a designer portfolio.
1. Animated calls to action
You have to tell the visitor what action you expect from him. That’s why you need to create a strong visible call to action button. However, today this may not be enough!
It is important to come up with something to highlight this button and draw the visitor’s attention to it.
Creating an animated call-to-action button is an important step that will solve this problem. For example, you can add an animated image of an arrow or even a finger pointing to a button, or simply use an interesting hover effect.
2. Custom typography
The days of monotonous Arial and Times New Roman fonts are over! The more noticeable your text is the better! Today, you need to achieve a new level of typography on your site, and custom fonts do an excellent job!
Unique typography will help to attract attention, express the uniqueness of your brand, highlight a unique proposal, and help your visitors to easily perceive the text. You can use unique fonts in the logo, in the email newsletter and, of course, on your website pages.
To stand out, you can even use several fonts, experiment with sizes and colors.
According to Statista, global video consumption ranged from 65% to 95% last year.
Thus, videos on websites are becoming increasingly popular and act as a powerful means of transmitting information.
Therefore, you should add a video to your website design to maximize your profit and attract potential customers!
We recommend using videos that illustrate product/service, tell stories, show the work process. You can target the video to a direct call to action on the web page or create an exciting video with automatic playback on your home page.
4. Artificial intelligence
AI can take many forms in website design, but the most popular examples are machine learning, personalization, and chatbots.
Machine learning and personalization are somewhat similar: they help visitors feel special, which in turn contributes to brand loyalty.
Chatbots affect the user experience much more directly. If you care about the high level of customer service, you definitely should add a chatbot to your website. Users can ask questions and quickly receive answers in real-time – isn’t it great?!
5. Strong main page
Don’t be afraid if your homepage is a bit long so visitors would scroll through it.
Add 3-5 important blocks to your homepage that help redirect visitors to the main sections of your site, which will help to create a seamless user experience.
The list of the most important elements and sections on the main page of the site includes:
· Introduction video;
· List of services;
· Product benefits;
· About Us;
· Case Studies/Success Stories.
6. Social proof
People are social beings. And the opinions of other people are important to us, especially if these people have already tried something that we are going to try!
To inspire confidence in your future customers, you should pay great attention to the testimonials of your previous customers:
• place these reviews in the most visible places of your site;
• motivate your previous customers to leave feedback in social accounts, make links to them on your website;
• ask for permission to add a photo of the customer who purchased your products or services and left a review;
• make sure that the chosen font is easy to read.
7. Build trust and care about your reputation
It’s important not only to make the potential customer understand that he needs your product or service – it is important to make him trust you!
Here are some tips that will help you to do this:
• get an SSL certificate;
• add authoritative logos (for example Stripe, Paypal) if you use them to process payments;
• add customer reviews;
• offer a free consultation or money-back guarantee;
• provide all contact information needed.
8. Guide a buying decision
So, you got a visitor on your website, attracted him with your offer and gained his trust. What’s next?
That’s what you need to do next: your website should move him down the sales funnel and motivate him to make the purchase decision. Have you heard about the «ITC» formula – information, trust, conversion? Then follow it, and you will win the battle!
All elements of your site, and, first of all, its navigation, should be designed as a single chain that will lead a potential customer from the first page to the order form.
Here are the other things you can do to attract the visitor’s attention, motivate him to make an order, keep him on the site or even get him there:
• use motivating pop-ups when the visitor enters the website;
• create a proactive customer service;
• use guest checkout;
• use attractive strong calls to action;
• use images wisely;
• remind your visitor about special offers, temporary sales, limited proposals, and discounts;
• create perfectly designed headlines;
• send letters to customers who have abandoned their shopping carts;
• add a clear delivery and return policy information;
• add personalization wherever possible;
• use hyperlink differentiation;
• use bullet lists for key information;
• make an emphasis on social media;
• use pop-ups when the visitor is about to leave the website.