The world of technology is advancing quicker than we can try to keep up with the latest trends, and businesses are constantly improving their operations, how their staffing teams work more efficiently, and one front-runner that is taking the corporate world by storm is Softphone.
Too often we think that more is better, but this is not always the case when you are looking for a streamlined work environment and a place where efficiency and efficacy work hand in hand.
When it comes to managing operations working smarter rather than harder is always a formula for success, and with the right programs in place, this is easily achievable.
The workplace is somewhere we spend hundreds of hours and if you, as a CEO or business owner, can make it a place your staff enjoys working then half the battle is won. To do this, systems in place that make operations run smoothly are a must. And this is where Softphone comes into play.
This is an all-in-one-place telephony system that makes communication that much quicker and easier, and you don’t have the hassle of needing to switch devices each time, the software works across all devices and platforms. Win-win.
This is especially convenient for businessmen and women who are always on the go. They don’t have to lose contact, and as long as they have an internet connection can make calls both locally and internationally using the softphone application, and with HD quality.
Now your staff can be in touch with clients and customers wherever they are, and business can go on as usual. Yes, an investment in your company and the way its communications operate may seem daunting, but as the old saying goes, sometimes ‘you have to spend money to make money.’ Let’s take a look at the top 5 benefits you can achieve by implementing a Softphone software program into your firm.
· Cost-effective – Saving money is always a welcome feature. Softphone saves you money by not needing any external hardware equipment, nor do you need to get the IT department involved in the installation. A simple plug-and-go mechanism and you are up and running ready to create your account.
· The user-friendly interface – You can quickly set up a do not disturb notification, or busy note on the application so others know you are not available to take calls at that time. It also has basic drag-and-drop operation features which make transferring calls to colleagues so much quicker and easier, and the need for dialing extensions is eliminated. The caller ID feature is also a top feature businesses considered essential.
· No dedicated lines – You can quickly and easily download the application from the website so you take out the need for dedicated lines.
· Effective Integration – This software is easy to integrate with any CRM platform and with ease of access to customer interactions and previous call logs, you create a more consolidated form of communication.
· Audio and Accessibility – By making calls through the softphone system you have the option to have private calls, or create group conference calls with audio and video screening, making for better coordination amongst co-workers. And, because softphone works with any stable internet connection you can access and use the platform from any device, wherever you are, whether it be a desktop, laptop, or smartphone device.
Companies are always looking to upgrade their facilities, from new equipment to a fresh lick of paint over the whole building, or even new uniforms, it only makes sense to improve the quality of your communication, and a softphone will do that for you. When the company wins everyone wins.
Right at your fingertips
Who would have thought we would be able to make phone calls without the need for physical telephones, but here we are and technology is only getting more advanced.
What to expect
Just like a traditional business phone system the features are no different with transfers, mute, and hold capabilities, only, you have the advantage of so much more. Unlike generic phones, softphone links you to the central communications platform which allows you to view your calendar, send out conference call invitations, and gain access to the team messaging board.
Staff can personalize their profile pictures, and can easily switch from a voice call to a video call without interrupting the conversation. What more could you want?
A final thought
The future is what we make of it today, and if you want a successful company for the future making changes for efficiency now will be worth it in the long run. This may well be the dream company you always envisioned as a child, all those doodles and drawings are now a reality, so integrating a simple, yet quality telephony system is a small move toward the bigger picture.