Stand Mixers are the best buys for the cake lovers who love baking them too at home. As any party is incomplete without a cake, pastries and cookies, every baker wants to have the best batter mixer for themselves for preparing the best cake or even a cookie dough.
A stand mixer performs all the manual work for you, beating, whisking, kneading of all the ingredients to make cakes, batches of biscuits, bread, pastries and more. You swap out the central attachment for the different functions. At least one beater, dough hook and whisk will come as standard –though pricier machines may come with more.
Over the last decade, the emergence of a more comprehensive choice of equipment with better looks any baker will have probably asked themselves the question, like;
- Why should I buy a stand mixer?
- Which key features is to be considered?
- How will be the maintenance aspect taken care of?
The answer will depend on critical factors beside from liking the look of the colourful, shiny models that have appeared in the TV cookery program.
What do you want to bake?
How frequently you intend to bake?
What is your budget?
How much storage space do you have?
Mixers from specific brands, such as KitchenAid, Wonderchef, Russell Hobbs, Panasonic, BLACK+DECKER, Bajaj Platini, SToK, also offer extra accessories to buy, including blenders, meat grinders and ice cream makers. Let’s get a visual experience of the best options available online at Amazon.in
- Unique swivel movement during operation ensures more efficient mixing results
- Turntable enables auto rotation of the bowl to ensure all the ingredients are evenly distributed and mixed
- Large capacity 3L stainless steel bowl with stainless steel dough hooks and beaters.
- 5 speed settings with eject button and detachable hand mixer.
- Body material: plastic, bowl material: brushed stainless steel
- Motor power (wattage): 900w
- Size (cm): 29.2h x 24.3w x 31.3d
- 3 speed operation: slow, med, high
- Dough hook: yes, whisk: yes
- Weight: 4.5kg, cord storage: yes, dishwasher safe parts: yes
- Planetary mixing action for perfect texture and consistency, 5 litre large stainless steel bowl, 6 speed settings and 3 attachments
- Pulse speed provides quick start/stop control
- 3 types of beaters for mixing, whisking and dough making
- Detachable aluminium blades for easy cleaning
- Automatic Multi function
- Metal body heavy duty
- commercial dough mixer flour mixer cake mixer cream mixer
- 7 liter bowl capacity
- Cord storage: yes, dishwasher safe parts: yes
- Safety interlock: yes, spatula: yes, splashguard: yes
- Blender: plastic, bowl attachment outlet: yes
- Citrus press: yes, dough hook: yes, food processor: yes, k-beater: yes, whisk: yes
- Same mixing action as Kitchen Aid stand mixers
- Powerful 300 Watt motor
- Mixing action gives complete bowl coverage
- Better mixing than 2-beater stand mixers
- Stainless Steel Dough stand Mixer
- 3 speed with 3 blade
- 7 liter bowl capacity
- heavy duty for bakery
- best for making pizza, cake, choclate, cookies, biscuits etc
- Electronic Speed Control with gradual speed increase making sure your mixture stays inside the bowl
- Adjustable baking tools: K Beater, Whisk & Dough Tool
- Folding Function
- Slow speed outlet
Key features to consider while buying Stand Mixer
So, choose wisely keeping the given buying guides in your mind.
Some attachments are supplied as standard like the mixer blade, for instance, is used for everyday tasks, combining mixtures with a measure to dense consistency whereas dough hooks are ideal for kneading dough and thick pastry batter.
The balloon whisk will excel in helping at whisking egg whites, cream and light batter blends. Stand mixers also offer a splash guard which is kind of lid that fits the bowl and arm of the mixer. A useful and flexible beater is also provided along with a regular beater with a rubber or silicone edging is there to scrape ingredients from sides of the bowl when it is in use.
You will need more storage space for a stand mixer plus accessories. But it doesn’t mean you always have to stash stand mixers in a cupboard, and This is the one machine you want to keep on the worktop. Measure up space and check dimensions before buying for better upkeep. Considering that they are pretty hefty to move about, that’s why check for weight too.
Stand mixer bowls usually vary between 4-5 litres. If you are going to prepare large batches, go for a larger bowl capacity. Some have multiple containers with different functions.
Mixing bowls are made up of stainless steel, mostly. It is dishwasher safe for your added convenience. But there are many other options up for sale in the market, like glass and ceramic. You can see the mix in a glass bowl, but you might see some more obvious wear-and-tear.
- Ranging in price from around a couple of thousands, sturdy machines have at least one mixing bowl and one fixed stand with a lever-operated arm.
- You require to add your ingredients to the bowl, lower the arm, and switch it on to begin mixing your ingredients.
- Many models have a planetary mixing action
- This tool rotate while simultaneously moving around the bowl which helps in more thorough mixing, avoiding any mixture getting stuck around the edge of the bowl while in use.
- Other mixers that don’t have this feature mix without the extra rotation around the bowl.