Portable Air Conditioners, beat the heat, enslave the heat warmth anywhere with it. A portable air conditioner is used to provide supplemental cooling to specific areas in your home or business. They don’t require permanent installation, but most require a window for ventilation or a separate space to direct the system’s exhaust. Most models dehumidify as they cool, and most are also easily mobile.
The best portable air conditioner can give you a breathable cool air where usually it is clammy, and discomfortful . It can make you cool, contended and calm within minutes. But searching for the right one can be an exercise that makes you work up a sweat all on its own. We have chalked out the best portable Air Conditioner units right for you to easily enable your search for the ideal one that suits your needs
Factors needed to look for while buying a portable air conditioner :-
Power Consumption : Your most important concern is going to be power consumption,. It depends how big a room can the air conditioner handle. If you have enough power you should be able to not only cool the space but do it quickly too.
Efficiency : With some units using less power than others to do the same job. The result here is that you could save more money in the long term on running costs of portable AC unit.
Noise : It is also a big consideration for many, especially if it is planned to have this in the bedroom at night or your room where you want to watch TV or read in peace.
Many other factors you should want to take into consideration are weight, especially in these portable units, timers, remote controls, fan speeds, and if they come with a window installation kit. All that in mind, you should be able to find the best portable air conditioner for you. We’ve listed online available model at Amazon.in below, each with a specialism that can help you find exactly what you need
- Floor standing AC with inverter compressor: variable speed compressor which adjusts power depending on heat load. It is most energy efficient and has lowest-noise operation
- 4 tr Suitable for large sized rooms (351 square ft to 500 sq. Ft)
- Anti-freeze thermostat
- Hydrophilic golden evaporator fins
- Tank full alarm , Cooling EER (W/W) :2.56,Power Input (Watt) :1404 ,Night Glow Function On Remote Button : Yes
- High efficiency rotary compressor
- Self diagnosis
- Dust and anti-bacterial silver coating
- It is Portable
- Capacity : 1 Ton AC
- Colour : White
- Material: ABS plastic
- True 1 ton (12,000 BTU) ,green refrigerant (R410a)
- No manual drainage needed,hot duct easily expandable
- Remote control
- Equipped with casters for easy portability
- Suitable for all applications
Size : An easier factor to look at when choosing a portable air conditioner is the room size it’s intended for. An air conditioner that’s too small won’t keep up with the cooling demands of your environment, while one that’s too large will cool the area and shut down before removing excess moisture from the area – leaving your space muggy. Use the info below to find an appropriate model for your space:
- Small Spaces: Portable air conditioners designed for rooms up to 350 square feet can quickly cool areas like bedrooms, small offices.
- Medium-Sized Areas: For living rooms, offices, and workshops, look for portable ACs
- Large and Commercial Spaces: Cooling manufacturing facilities and large server rooms can be challenging.
You should increase size and power of portable AC if:
- Your area has heat-generating appliances
- You reside in a warm and humid state
- You’re cooling a poorly insulated room like workshop
- Your room has high ceilings
Ventilation and Exhaust : Portable air conditioners vent hot air from rear as part of the cooling process. This hot air is generally vented out of the area being cooled using an exhaust hose through a window, sliding glass door, drop ceiling, or through a wall.
Single or Double Exhaust Hose
Portable ACs can be single- or double-hosed for exhausting hot air and pulling air in to cool. Some have both exhausting options.
|Single-Hose Portable ACs||Dual-Hose Portable ACs|
|A single hose portable air conditioner works through drawing in air from the space, cooling it, and reverting air back into the room. A small amount of air is used to cool the appliance and will be blown out of the air conditioner’s exhaust hose. ||A dual-hose portable air conditioner gets room air, cools it, and then releases it back into room. Since the unit heats up, one intake hose pulls in air from outside to cool down the unit. to expel air through a second exhaust hose. A dual-hose portable air conditioner may have slightly higher energy usage.|
|Fully Self-Evaporative ACs||AC exhausts all condensate and you never have to dump the collected water and gives freedom to leave them running unattended.|
|Partially Self-Evaporative ACs||These units can evaporate a great deal of moisture into hot air exhaust, but you have to drain water must depend on usage and room conditions.|
|Gravity Drain/Drain Hose||Portable air conditioners support permanent water drain hose connection which allows collected water to continuously drain out to a drain.|
|Condensate Pumps||These pumps move water in an upward direction to drain water up and through a window, gets out. |
|Buckets||The portable air conditioners , simplest one have an internal container that holds extra water and needs to be manually drained at regular intervals.|
If you’re concerned about noise in your room, we suggest buying a portable AC with special features that minimize the sound. Features to look for include a programmable timer, multiple speeds, and a Sleep mode.
Installation and Maintenance
- Clean air filters as needed (usually once every summer).
- Ensure it’s installed correctly for maximum efficiency.
- Drain your portable air conditioner before storing it.
- Check your warranty for more specific information on the parts and services covered.
Many portable air conditioners offer special features that enhance your cooling experience. These features add convenience and save you money on energy costs. They include:
- Self-evaporating technology
- Directional air control
- Remote control
- Washable air filters
- Casters for easy mobility
- Programmable timer
- Digital controls
- Multiple fan speeds
- Carrying handle
- Additional modes: Dehumidify, Fan, Heat, Automatic, Energy-conserving
Portable air conditioners are the perfect temporary cooling solution for bedrooms, offices, garages and other spaces without access to central air conditioning. Portable ACs differ by brand, maximum cooling area, venting configuration, energy efficiency, and special features–like multiple operating modes, remote control operation, programmable timers, and specialized air filters.