Best iPhone Apps 2018
I always say it is not an iPhone it is an App phone.
Tapping and launching apps is fun, but which one you should launch? With more than one million apps in the Apple App Store which are worthy to be downloaded?
Do you need these apps to be installed? Which of these can provide you help with work, entertain and give shape to your hobbies? Which of the apps can be considered as the best iPhone apps?
In this article, we have listed some of best iPhone apps that will make you do pretty much anything from your iPhone. So, let’s dive into the world of Apps. Starting with the most popular and most useful apps.
Also see – 10 iPhone Tricks You Are Unaware Of
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
- Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
- Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
- Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
- Detailed information on more than 100 million places
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
- Some feature not available in all countries
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Waze is the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, fuel and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you’re already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest fuel prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- The community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest fuel on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
The standard of mobile photography
VSCO Cam is the premier way to shoot, edit, and share your photographs.
Sync & edit
Streamline your workflow by selecting photos to sync and edit across devices. VSCO Tools allow for fine-tuning, with the goal to complement, not define, your photographs. Exposure, Temperature, Contrast, Crop, Straighten, Fade, Vignette, and more allow you to define your look. Simplify your editing process with Copy + Paste and Single Step Undo.
- Superior presets
- Before & after
- Increased control
- Browse the Library
- The information age
- Full resolution
Quickly exchange money with friends, or get paid for your business. No “cashing out” – money deposits directly to your bank account. It’s FREE between friends and only 1.9% for businesses!
- SAFE: protected by 128-bit encryption and TouchID (or a passcode)
- FAST: payments are deposited to your bank account directly
- EASY: just link your Visa, MasterCard or Discover debit card to send or receive cash
Pocket has been named one of the best apps for iPhone and iPad by the App Store.
Over 12 million people use Pocket to easily save articles, videos and more for later. With Pocket, all of your content goes to one place, so you can view it anytime, on any device. You don’t even need an Internet connection.
Don’t lose track of the interesting things you find by emailing yourself links or letting tabs pile up in your browser. Just save them to Pocket. Save articles, videos, recipes, and web pages you find online or from your favorite apps.
- View Everywhere, Even Offline
- Better Viewing Experience
- Works Offline
- Use With Your Favourite apps and Sites
- Personalized Highlights
- Pocket Premium
Pocket is available for Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, the Web and any other phone or tablet. You can also save to Pocket with our Browser Extensions for Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Uber is your private driver in more than 50 countries.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles and get fare quotes in the app. Use PayPal or add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Set your pickup location and final destination for an easy trip. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We’ll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
An entirely new and modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
Need a lift? Try Lyft for a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Request a ride with the tap of a button, and get picked up by a nearby community driver who’ll take you to your destination within minutes. Yep, it’s that easy.
- Split the cost of a ride with friends. It’s easy, fast, and secure.
- All Lyft drivers pass comprehensive background and DMV checks.
- Drivers are rated by passengers and only the highest-rated drivers are allowed on the road.
- Lyft provides a first-of-its-kind $1M liability insurance for total peace of mind.
Evernote for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch gets you effortlessly organized with notes that sync between all your devices. Be productive anywhere:
- Write notes, checklists, and research
- Clip from anywhere on the web
- Discuss your work with others, right within the app
- Present ideas without creating a slide deck
HotelTonight – Plan Less. Live More.
Amazing last-minute deals at top-rated hotels, from tonight to 7 days out
- We are the night out with friends that turned into a road trip to Vegas
- We are the birthday getaway you spontaneously booked for this weekend
- We are the business trip you locked down in 10 seconds, at your soon-to-be-favourite hotel
- We are the excuse to break out of your rut
- We are HotelTonight. And we want you to plan a little less. And live a little more
Here’s how we deliver:
- Great prices! Hotels give us last-minute discounts on their empty rooms. You get the very best rates, guaranteed
- Book a room in just 10 seconds – 3 taps and a swipe!
- Vetted selection of top-rated hotels – we’ve done the work to narrow down the best options
- Categories (like Basic, Hip and Luxe) to make it easy to find the right hotel
- Hotel descriptions that boil down the top 3 reasons why we like the hotels we work with – and why you will, too
- Upcoming weather forecasts to help you decide where to stay and what to pack (besides your rubber ducky)
- 24/7 customer support (with real, live, nice people)
The fast, fun mobile inbox that puts email in its place.
Note: Currently for Gmail and iCloud accounts. Other email platforms are on the way!
Mailbox is a completely redesigned inbox that makes email light, fast, and mobile-friendly. Quickly swipe messages to your archive or trash. Scan an entire conversation at once with chat-like organization. Snooze emails until later with the tap of a button — they’ll return to your inbox automatically so you can focus on what’s important now.
Mailbox checks your email from the cloud and delivers it to your phone securely. Now with Auto-swipe, Mailbox learns from your swipes and snoozes to automate common actions. Mute that conversation you don’t care about, snooze messages from your friend to this evening, or route all of your receipts to a list — automatically.
Mailbox’s delightful UI and smart features make getting to zero — and staying there — a breeze. After you experience a clean inbox, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
SwiftKey Keyboard for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is a smart keyboard that learns from you, replacing your device’s built-in keyboard with one that adapts to the way you type. The app learns your writing style to give you super-accurate autocorrect and intelligent next-word prediction, reducing keystrokes and getting smarter over time. SwiftKey Keyboard is loaded with features to make typing even easier, including multilingual typing, support for over 800 emoji (emoticons) and speedy swipe typing with SwiftKey Flow.
- Type Less
- Type More Accurately
- Type Your Way
- Type In Your Language(s)
- Enhance Swiftkey’s Learning
- Type With Emoji over 800 emoji characters to enhance your words.
Dark Sky can tell you at a glance exactly when it will rain (or snow) up to an hour in advance, so you’re free to walk the dog or run out to lunch and know you’ll stay dry. You can also explore the most beautiful weather animation you’ve ever seen, both forward in time or back.
(Dark Sky is available in the US, UK and Ireland.)
- Your Weather, Down To The Earth
- Beautiful Weather Animations
- Push Notification
- Today Wedget
- Apple Watch
Apple’s App Store Best of 2014!
Have you ever forgotten a password? Do you reuse passwords?
1Password creates strong, unique passwords for every site, remembers them all for you, and logs you in with a single tap. 1Password is free. Start using it today!
- Your Secure Information, Right On Your Wrist
- Your Life, Secured By 1Password
- Store your logins, credit cards, identities, and secure notes
- Log in to websites without having to remember any of your passwords
- Fill credit cards and identities without typing
- Quickly access your most used items using favorites
- Powerful search to find what you need fast
- Every Device Has Every Login
Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don’t have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan).
Not just for Facebook friends: Message people in your phone book and just enter a phone number to add a new contact.
- Group chats
- Photos and videos
- Free calls
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers.
- Preview your camera roll photos and videos without leaving the
- conversation–then choose the perfect ones to send.
- Record voice messages when you have more to say.
- Know when people have seen your messages.
- Forward messages or photos to people who weren’t in the conversation.
- Search for people and groups to quickly get back to the turn on location to let people know when you’re nearby.
- See who’s available on Messenger and who’s active on Facebook.
- Turn off notifications when you’re working, sleeping or just need a break.
- Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 850,000 Kindle-exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street Journal, New York Times to Reader’s Digest.
- Build your own library
- Best reading tools
- Kindle exclusives
- Kindle education
- Organize your reading
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Transform your everyday photos and videos into works of art and share them with your family and friends.
See the world through somebody else’s eyes by following not only the people you know, but inspirational Instagrammers, photographers, athletes, celebrities and fashion icons. Every time you open Instagram, you’ll see new photos and videos from your closest friends, plus breathtaking moments shared by creative people across the globe.
Over 300 million people use Instagram to:
- Edit photos and videos with free, custom-designed filters.
- Improve photos with 10 advanced creative tools to change brightness, contrast and saturation as well as shadows, highlights and perspective.
- Find people to follow based on the accounts and photos they already love.
- Make videos look cinematic with Instagram’s custom-built stabilization.
- Instantly share photos and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social networks.
- Connect with Instagrammers all over the world and keep up with their photos and videos.
- Send private photo and video messages directly to friends.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone
From Intuit, the makers of TurboTax, QuickBooks, Mint Bills, and Quicken: The free Mint app helps you spend smarter and save more. Easily pull all your accounts, cards and investments into one place so you can track your spending, create a budget, receive bill reminders, and get customized tips for reducing fees and saving money.
- It’s Easy To Get Started
- Manage Your Money Anywhere, Anytime
- Safe and Secure
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One. Day One provides many features:
- Superior writing experience
- Apple Watch App (iPhone only)
- Sync and Backup
Everyone’s favorite online shopping assistant is now on the Apple Watch! Watching your deliveries is more convenient and beautiful than ever–and now you can know at a glance exactly where your stuff is at all times. As featured 3 times on NBC’s The Today Show, Slice is your smart shopping assistant that always delivers on saving you time and money!
Shopping, shipping, and saving have never been easier or more fun. Slice keeps an eye on your purchases for you—watching for price drops, tracking your packages, and alerting you on hazardous product recalls. Never enter a tracking number again! It’s all done automatically with the e-receipts in your email … that’s why it’s so smart!
- Save Money
- Track Shipments
- Be Safe With Product Recalls
- Save Receipts
Rdio is a music service with over 35 million songs to discover, play, and share.
With Rdio, you can:
- Enjoy endless stations based on artists, genres, moods and themes, along with You FM, your own personalized station.
- Play albums, songs, and playlists.
- Listen on your phone, tablet, computer, and other devices such as Sonos, Roku, and Chromecast.
- Download songs for offline listening.
- Follow friends, artists, and other music lovers.
Rdio’s three subscription plans give you a choice that best fits your listening habits and budget.
- Rdio Free: Ad-supported streaming on web and mobile.
- Rdio Select: Ad-free stations and 25 downloads on mobile.
- Rdio Unlimited: Ad-free streaming and unlimited mobile downloads.
Purchase your monthly Rdio subscription through the app. Plan availability and pricing varies by region.
Spotify is the best way to listen to music on mobile or tablet.
Search for any track, artist or album and listen for free. Make and share playlists. Build your biggest, best ever music collection.
Get inspired with personal recommendations, and readymade playlists for just about everything.
Listen absolutely free with ads, or get Spotify Premium.
- Play any song, anytime on any device: mobile, tablet or computer.
- Enjoy the ad-free music.
- Listen offline.
- Get better sound quality.
Get your monthly Spotify Premium subscription through the app.
Also, see – Top 7 Best Internet Radio and Music Streaming Sites
We will be adding more to this list, so please bookmark us for future updates. And do tell us your list of best iPhone apps by dropping in comments below.