Hair Dryer : Best Buying Guide 2020 for Great Looks
Hair Dryer is an essential appliance for anyone who wants effective blow-drying results quickly . It takes minimum effort with an increasing number of features on modern hair dryers that allows styling hair as it dries, meaning you can achieve a new look without visiting a salon.
The following buying guide will help you buy a suitable hairdryer for specific needs with information on available attachments and the latest features.
Before going into the details, you can first check some of the best models available online at Amazon.in and later on decide which one to opt for after reading the buying guide.
- Professional 1500W for perfect salon results
- Perfect styling results with a slim styling nozzle
- Add volume, maximising thickness, curls and bouncy styles
- Six flexible speed and temperature settings for full control
- Cool shot sets your style
- Ionic conditioning for shiny, frizz-free hair
- Power Required (Volts) : 220 – 240 V. Foldable : No
- For drying your hair instantly without losing its shine, the 2000 W Wahl SuperDry Hair Dryer is must-have
- It has three variable heat settings and 2 speed settings
- Professional AC Collector Motor, Latest Tourmaline Technology
- Professional series hair dryers for men and women
- Hair dryers with styling nozzle and vol diffuser for style, voluminous curls and bounce
- Powerful 2400 watts
- Permanent ionization, air flow infused with argan oil and keratin for smoother, healthier and shinier hair
- AC Motors: Professional Performance and very long life
- 6 Speeds /Temperatures – Cool air Button
- 1 Concentrator Nozzle special for styling:-6* 75 mm
- Hanging Loop, 3 year Warranty,Removable rear Filter
- Lighter, Ultrafast drying
- 4 heat and 2 speed combination plus cool shot for choice superior mute functioning includes 2 air flow nozzles aesthetic ergonomic design equipped with overheating protection device
- 2.8 meters lengthened cord hang-up loop for convenient storage
- Cold Air Feature : Yes. Foldable : No
- Powerful 2400 W hair dryer, with salon quality long-life AC motor
- 90 percent more ions for frizz free shine vs standard Remington hair dryer
- OPTI Heat technology provides heat where it matters
- Pro+ style shot setting for locking in 24 hour styles vs standard dry setting at 24 hours
- Salon style results that last all day
Different Types of Hair Dryers
|Retail Hair Dryers||Professional Hair Dryers|
|While retail hair dryers are often targeted to domestic users, you may find that purchasing a high-end salon model is a good investment if you intend to get a lot of use from purchase.||Salon-grade hair dryers typically run with an AC (alternating current) motor, meaning they boast more heat and less RPM.|
|More affordable than professional dryers|
Lighter in weight
Easier to handle
Approx. 500 hours of working life
|Dries hair faster|
Good features and design
Longer working life approx. 2,000 hours
|Travel hair dryers||Lighter & with foldable parts for better portability.|
|Dryer hoods||A dryer hood is placed over the head and helps to keep a style in place.|
|Wall-mounted dryer||Similar to hand-held models but mountable on walls will save space.|
- The higher the wattage of a hairdryer, the more heat it produces and the quicker it will dry the hair.
- For hair types, a dryer between 1,300 and 1,800 wattages should be sufficient, with higher levels only required if you have thick and curly hair.
- Those with fragile and damaged hair should opt for towel drying and the lowest heat settings.
Aside from power, several technologies on the market can help your hair dry faster and create any style you desire. Fast-drying: Hair dryers with technology that produces high-velocity airflow dries hair faster.
|Temperature Control||Regularly measures air temperature and adjusts to keep it under control and protect hair from heat damage.|
|Touch Cold||Technology that ensures the surface of the hairdryer attachments stay cool, so hands & heads are kept safe.|
|Noise Reduction||Technology that reduces noise so hair can be dried quietly at any time.|
|Ceramic||Ceramic hair dryers provide even heat distribution, and the heat is deficient so that it doesn’t damage hair.|
|Ionic||These break down water molecules for faster drying, but can also retain moisture in the hair for healthier long-term outcomes.|
It helps to neutralise positively charged ions in the hair, ionic dryers condition hair and reduce frizz.
|Infrared||Provides consistent heat that dries hair evenly throughout, while also preventing sections of scalp from overheating or drying out.|
|Tourmaline||Tourmaline is a semi-precious gemstone and is world’s best ionic and infrared generator. |
The gemstone coating consists of minerals that target negatively charged sections of hair and breaking down larger molecules of water so that they evaporate more quickly.
Not only does this dry hair faster, it seals in vital moisture to ensure hair remains healthy and shiny.
Features and Accessories
There are a variety of different features, settings, attachments and accessories available for modern hair dryers.
|Diffusers||Help lift and separate hair to boost its natural texture|
Dries hair quickly without ruining its style
Helps to reduce frizz and improve curl definition
|Swivel Cord||Prevents the cable from tangling|
|Dryer Brush||Built-in brush for handy styling and drying needs|
|Cool Shot||Provides a blast of cold air to help styles set|
|Nozzle||Focuses airflow for more precise styling|
|Auto Shut-off||Turns the appliance off when it is put down and turns it on again when lifted|
|Steam Dryers||Softens the hair for less tangling |
Helps deep conditioners penetrate faster
|Magnetic Attachments||The dryer nozzle and diffuser attach to the dryer magnetically so the accessories can be changed quickly and easily|
|Pre-set Heat Settings||Takes the guesswork out of how hot the drying temperature should be for fast, regular and gentle drying|
So, it would now become easier for you to make a perfect decision for the purchase of a Hair Dryer for yourself.