Dash Camera for Car : Best Buying Guide
Dash Camera or Car cameras—also known as dashcams, car cams, or vehicle video recorders—are precisely what they sound like. They’re cameras you install in your car.
There are a bevvy of features to be considered and Reasons are many, like:
- Maybe you’re a parent concerned about the behind-the-wheel behaviour of the new teen driver in the house.
- You run a business with deliverymen.
- You want to have a video camera in the car to protect in case of a traffic infraction.Before getting into the details , you may check some of the models available online at Amazon.in.
- Built-in dual lens
- With GPS module, fully record driving trajectory
- Built-in G-Sensor can record gravity sensing information
- Double lens video recording
- Continuous loop recording
- High-fidelity video, SRW-DC11B has 1920 * 1080P FULL HD high resolution,
- Exclusively launching the 3D intelligent collision sensing system.
- Beautiful and compact design, live video playback on the spot.
- The lens is 1920*1080P resolution & 30 frames/second.
- Real hardware adopts H.264 data compression technology.
- Hi-Silicon Chipset & Sony Sensor
- OnReal MG2 car dashboard camera can record real Full HD Video 1080p @ 30FPS
- Loop Recording
- Swipe & Save
- Work 6 seconds to save recorded video and shutdown automatically.
- Motion detection
- Distortion correction
- G-sensor function, file locking
- WDR, WIFI, GPS, Mobile App – Smart iCarca
- 1080P FULL HD DASH CAM
- 170° SUPER WIDE ANGLE
- BUILT IN G-SENSOR
- SUPER NIGHT VISION
- EASY TO SET UP & USE
- The ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems)
- Most advanced and optimized visual recognition algorithms
- Real time Lane Departure Emergency recording feature
- Enabled by G-sensor technology
- High Definition Image and First-class
- Night vision – 1920x1080p 60fps
- DashCam with Sony Sensor
- 1080P FHD
- 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens
- Built-in WiFi with APP
- Loop Recording
- Night Mode
- Parking Mode
Here are some important features that you should keep in mind when deciding on the best device for your needs.
Battery and Recordings
- Most dash cams are basically designed to record while a car is in motion.
- If you’re more concerned while it’s parked, you will be better served by a simple battery-powered camera.
- Car cameras are powered by using a cigarette-lighter (12V) adapter.
- Those having battery packs will only be able to record for a short period.
- Hardware kits are available that these will draw power from the car’s battery, which can drain it entirely if left for an extended period and require professional installation.
Basics of the View and Recording Features
The more full the field of view of the front-facing camera, the better it is.
Camera’s Frame Rate
- You want to capture a vast area in front of your vehicle and any car catching on the side of the road.
- It will be recording video during motion on highways.
- The device requires to be able to record without skipping frames with motion blur.
- A car camera must record at least 30 fps as a rule.
When purchasing a dash camera, if you live in a region that reaches exceptionally high or low temperatures, must be considered. Not all car camera is designed to withstand the summer heat. Extreme temperature limits durability. Some of the features available on a device, like built-in screens or batteries might not work properly
Mounting the Camera
- Environmental factors such as heat and humidity might make windshield mounting impractical.
- If vehicle is leased, do not use a permanent adhesive on the dashboard, and you may not be able to replace the mount later.
- Built-in screens are commonly incorporated into the car cameras.
- They allow you review video as well as to change settings.
- The device saves video files.
- You should try minimal integrated storage and those models which are relying on an SD card to keep the video.
- By this, you can review footage and travel information whenever you want to. You just have to remove the card and see it on a PC.
- Built-in Wi-Fi module allows users to connect to the device with a smartphone via an app.
- It allows you to review and manage files.
- You can back up and store essential videos on the phone.
- You may email and send them to other parties.
- Some dash cams can stream video to the cloud and allow live monitoring over the Internet by using smartphone app to turn the cellular device into a de facto hotspot.
Cameras for Personal Liability
Dash cams are helpful to record driving so that they can use recordings to prove fault and innocence, in case of a traffic accident or citation.
- The software will usually display information such as travel speed and the locations of sudden starts or stops.
- There are even models that have integrated turn-by-turn directional functionality.
- You might want to get a device with audio recording capability to monitor for distracted driving behaviour.
- You get a dual-camera device like the Dual View Car Camera System.
- Dual-camera dash cams simultaneously record video from two cameras, one directed forward through the windshield and the other recording the passenger compartment.
- Managing multiple vehicles can be simpler with the correct software.
Now, using the above information in buying guide, help yourself to get some of the best features for your Dash Cam.