Apple isn’t the only brand in tablets anymore. There are many more best of the best android tablets with appealing features that are available in the market. If you’re already integrated into the Android ecosystem and are mainly using Google apps, the best option for you might be the best android tablet.
There’s the best android tablet for you, no matter what your use case might be. This article details out some of the best android tablets available for 2020 so that you can choose the right one for you.
Which Are The Best Android Tablet?
Android might be a fantastic tablet operating system, but right now, we’re not crazy about the options out there—the strength of their flexibility in Google’s OS. The Android OS allows manufacturers to create practical devices ranging from $50 to $1000, suit a wider variety of niches and tastes than the Apple iPad, which has dominated the tablet market since it was first launched.
In 2019, most low-end Best android tablet 2020 options cluster, an endless array of no-name, plasticky sub-$100 slates sold at your local CVS, or through mysterious drop-shippers “completed by Amazon.” While Samsung, Lenovo, Asus, and Acer used to deliver solid iPad competitors to people who prefer services from Google, they all slowed down their tablet production. Owing to faulty software, Samsung’s new Galaxy Tab S6 does not meet our requirements for this roundup.
Although Android appears to be increasingly losing its battle with the top-of-the-range iPad and Windows tablets, its strengths at smaller sizes and lower price points can be hard to beat. Best android tablet 2020 often turn up with insane novelty features, including the giant E Ink screen of the Onyx Boox Max 3.
I am going to express a personal disappointment here that we can not suggest the Mediapad line from Huawei right now. Huawei’s Media pads are the best android tablet 2020 that is slim, compact, good-looking, and reliable. I use a Mediapad M5 at home, and I’m happy with that. Unfortunately, the US government continues to threaten to cut the company’s access to Google services out of a misbegotten confusion between Huawei’s consumer hardware business and its network infrastructure business, and I can’t recommend a tablet in good conscience that could lose access to Gmail at any time.
How To Choose The Best Android Tablet?
Below, we have mentioned a few questions that you must ask while Go through the following aspects for choosing the best android tablet:
Start With Software
Manufacturers of Best budget android tablets 2020 don’t seem to keep their apps updated. Though Android’s latest version is Android 10″Q, “the majority of tablets are still on an older iteration. At least seek to find a tablet that runs Android 8 or higher.
Companies like Amazon and Samsung want to put their twist on Google’s OS, adding a plethora of features, new app stores, and updated user interfaces entirely. It is not for everyone, but those familiar with the user experience of Amazon’s Fire OS or Samsung can check out the new devices from each company. And if you’ve already invested heavily in the Amazon Appstore, you may want to stick with one of the new Fire tablets.
Even if you don’t have the latest iteration of the OS, Android remains the most configurable tablet operating system you’ll find. It is a multitasker master with an excellent notification system and top-notch integration with Google services such as Gmail, Hangouts, and Google Maps. Android is home to many fantastic games, but there are still not as many tablet-specific solutions as you’re going to find on the iPad.
Cellular Or Wifi?
Currently, all major carriers sell cellular-enabled tablets. You can attach it to a monthly family plan, or pay by the day for the details. T-Mobile tablets are unlocked and can be used on any device compatible with the tablets’ radios, whereas AT&T and Sprint tablets appear to be exclusive to that device. Verizon offers locked computers, which can be unlocked upon request.
If you have a hotspot option on your mobile plan, use a Wi-Fi – enabled tablet, you can save money. But that would, of course, destroy the battery on your smartphone (that’s where battery packs come in). And unless you have unlimited bandwidth, keep in mind that streaming video on a tablet will eat up quickly.
These days output on even the least expensive devices appears to be passable, but pay particular attention to the consistency of the design and display. The app experience may change over time, but no improvements are being made to the plastic body.
Low-cost tablets also appear to have bland, 1,024-by-600, or 1,280-by-800 displays that even mid range smartphones can look grainy to their eyes. Higher-quality tablets are mostly in the significantly sharper range of 2,048-by-1,536. IPS and AMOLED displays are recommended for their broad viewing angles, vibrant colors, and excellent contrast.
There’s plenty of options out there offering the same experience as big names in Android. While many of these off-label tabs are perfectly serviceable, we suggest choosing a brand that you can rely on to help software and monitor the quality of the hardware. Check out our favorite budget-friendly models for more.
Best Tablets IN 2020!
Here Is A List Of All Best Android Tablets 2020 You Must Shop For:
Samsung Tablets: Galaxy Tab S6
With a significant lack of competition at the top end of the Best budget android tablet market, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S series was dominant, and the S6 is the best release yet. The 10.5-inch Super AMOLED screen, packing a 2560 x 1600-pixel resolution, is the best you ‘re likely to find. This screen is sharp, bright and a pleasure watching movies or playing games on — it even has a fingerprint sensor in the display. In each corner, the four AKG-tuned speakers sit in support of Dolby Atmos Sound. They are loud, though inevitably lacking bass.
- Within, there’s a powerful 6 GB or 8 GB RAM Snapdragon 855 processor that’s good enough for everything you might throw at it.
- You can get the 128 GB or 256 GB storage on Tab S6, but there’s also a MicroSD card slot available.
- Samsung’s One user interface sits atop Android 9.0 Apple, and with a keyboard case, you can turn to DeX mode, turning your tablet into a replacement laptop that can prove handy in a pinch.
- If you like to draw or jot down notes, there’s the S Pad, too. The Tab S6 also has plenty of stamina, with a 7.040mAh battery that will see you for most days.
On round things off, there’s a dual-lens primary camera that pairs a 5-megapixel, wide-angle lens with a 13-megapixel front-facing camera as well.
Samsung’s matched Android 9 Pie with its new One app, and it functions like a charm. The versatility of split-screen is stronger than ever, with plenty of cool tricks to learn over time. Despite some bloatware which the tablet won’t let you delete, the software is generally excellent here. There’s also the DeX interface for Samsung, which kicks in when you attach a keyboard dock to give you a desktop feel that works best if you add a Bluetooth mouse, but the new keyboard cover for Samsung has a trackpad and new function keys to help your Tab S6 double up as a laptop.
- It has a sleek construction.
- It has an active drawing stylus, and note-taking.
- It has excellent access over Wi-Fi.
- Dex gives functionality close to that of a laptop
- It is very expensive.
- It has an accessory on the keyboard that costs extra.
- It has a mediocre camera.
- Android-powered tablets are still not capable of doing anything Windows tablets do.
Samsung Tablets: Galaxy Tab S5E
If the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is a bit too expensive, then the more affordable Galaxy Tab S5e could tempt you. It boasts the same, excellent 10.5-inch Super AMOLED display with quad speakers, making it great to watch movies or television shows. It is light and slim, with a lateral fingerprint sensor instead of on the screen.
- The main difference lies inside, where the S5e Tab depends on a Snapdragon 670 mid range processor.
- This comes in two versions, with RAM 4 GB and storage 64 GB, or RAM 6 GB, and storage 128 GB.
- There is room for a MicroSD card, as well. It has the same 7.040mAh battery as its sibling, which is more expensive.
- There’s also a single-lens 13-megapixel primary camera, and a front-facing 8-megapixel camera.
- You will not find support for S Pen here, but it fits with the DeX mode desktop of Samsung.
- It offers strong performance.
- It has a better quality construction.
- Google Play Store is also available.
- Camera quality is not that great.
- It is a little expensive.
Amazon Fire HD 10
The Amazon Fire HD 10 is the best-priced tablet on our list. Refreshed this year by Amazon with a new processor, larger battery, USB-C port, and an improved front-facing camera, the more unique, Fire HD 10 is an even bigger deal. It has a respectable 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution monitor that is flanked by stereo speakers with Dolby Audio support, making it an excellent platform for watching movies on the go. The Fire HD 10 also supports dual-band Wi-Fi for faster download speeds, and you can connect to both 2.5GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands. The tablet features a quad-core processor and 2 GB RAM. It is still no speed demon, but considering the price, it does offer adequate performance.
- You can buy one with a capacity of 32 GB or 64 GB, but it also supports MicroSD cards. It should last to a single charge for up to 12 hours, which is good.
- This tablet runs Amazon’s Fire OS — an Android-based operating system — so any future Amazon software and security updates will come in.
- Alexa is built-in for hands-free voice commands, but there’s no Google Play Store as it’s not a traditional Best budget android tablet — you’ve got to download apps directly from Amazon’s App Store.
- If you’re happy with a smaller screen and fewer specs, then the Amazon Fire HD 8 is a real $80 bargain.
- It offers a very good performance for the price.
- It has a good battery life.
- It has a USB-C.
- Fire OS 7 brings many improvements.
- It has very limited app selection.
- Its speaker and camera quality is mediocre.
Amazon’s Fire HD 10 is still the most reliable 10-inch tablet which you can buy for $150, with stable performance, good battery life, as well as a sharp display.
Media Pad M5 Pro: Best Budget Android Tablet
Huawei’s MediaPad M3 successor comes with an excellent, clean, and bright 10.8-inch screen that sports a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. Despite the low price, it feels and looks like a premium tablet. The front also has a fingerprint reader. The stereo speakers are the standout features on the MediaPad M5 Pro, which were co-engineered with Harman Kardon and sound fantastic. The screen offers a great experience watching the video.
- There is an 8-megapixel front camera and a 13-megapixel rear camera.
- The MediaPad M5 Pro launched with Android 8.0 Oreo, with EMUI 8.0 from Huawei at the top, but it was updated to Android 9.0 Pie and EMUI 9.
- It boasts a battery of 7,500 mAh, which can run for days. It also comes with an M-Pen stylus and Pogo connectors for adding a keyboard cover.
- Huawei also offers a desktop mode, which makes this a potential powerhouse for productivity.
- It provides a very strong performance.
- It has a better quality construction.
- Google Play Store is also available.
- It is a little on the expensive side.
Fire HD Kids Edition
Amazon’s updated Fire 8 HD Kids Edition (2018) makes it even easier for its long-running line of kid-friendly tablets. However, there is a surprising lack of intense competition in this genre.
An 8-inch screen with a pixel resolution of 1280 x 800 offers vivid and vibrant colors and a thick rubber cover against unintended drops around the tablet frame cushions. The tablet’s 32 GB of internal storage provides plenty of room for books, games, and other media, and if you run out, there’s a MicroSD card slot to expand.
- The Fire HD 8 Kids Edition is second to none when it comes to parental controls.
- Its customized version of Android Fire OS software allows you to manage usage limits, set educational goals, and restrict access to age-appropriate content.
- The Parent Dashboard also offers insight into what your children are doing on their tablets and facilitates engagement with the book-related discussion questions your children are reading.
The Fire HD 8 Kids Version also contains one-year fee-free access to Amazon’s FreeTime Unlimited, a library of over 15,000 kid-appropriate games, software, educational material, books, and videos from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and others.
- It has a cutting edge build.
- It is thin as well as bright.
- It has an excellent resolution computer.
- Its speakers are fast.
- The battery life is long.
- No port on headphones.
- It has a cozy design.
- It also included a keypad and stylus.
- Stylus-attachment scheme and rejection of screen palm need research.
Surface Pro 7
The original Surface Pro was inaccurate, but the effect on the market was significant. Since then, Microsoft has improved the concept, and the Surface Pro 7 is as similar as you can to a hybrid computer that acts as a tablet and a laptop alike. It’s the Beat 2-in-1.
- Microsoft hasn’t updated much about Surface Pro 6, but it’s welcome the bump in performance and switch from mini-DisplayPort to USB-C.
- You still have a stunning 12.3-inch screen with 2736 x 1824 pixel resolution, a thoughtful design, and a choice of internal specs ranging from simple to lightning fast.
- It is the most configurable tool in our list, by far.
- It is thin and bright.
- It has an outstanding resolution computer.
- It has fast speakers.
- The battery life is very long.
- No ports are provided for headphones.
Going Beyond Android Tablets | Here Are Other Options
iPad Pro | Not An Android Tablet But Is Worth Mentioning
Apple’s redesigned iPad Pro, with slimmed-down bezels and flat edges, is a beautiful device that manages to pack in maximum screen real estate without being too unwieldy. The home button is gone, replaced by Face ID, and finally, Apple ‘s proprietary Lightning port has given way to USB-C, giving you far more accessories and peripheral options. Although both versions have the same internal components, the iPad Pro comes in two sizes, with an 11-inch or 12.9-inch display available.
- Apple’s redesigned iPad Pro, with slimmed-down bezels and flat edges, is a beautiful device that manages to pack in maximum screen real estate without being too unwieldy.
- The home button is gone, replaced by Face ID, and finally, Apple ‘s proprietary Lightning port has given way to USB-C, giving you far more accessories and peripheral options.
- Although both versions have the same internal components, the iPad Pro comes in two sizes, with an 11-inch or 12.9-inch display available.
Our choice is the 11-inch model, which is large enough to get stuff done, but not so much so that the tablet is difficult to manage. The 11-inch model packs 2388 x 1668 pixels and greatly benefits from Apple ‘s ProMotion technology, which boosts a buttery-smooth 120Hz refresh rate.
When you need plenty of raw power, then the iPad Pro is your laptop.
Featuring Apple’s A12X (or A12Z for 2020) Bionic Processor, eight cores and a neural engine for fast machine learning are available here. The effect is unprecedented speed, whether you are editing photoshop images or commanding armies in Civilization VI. Storage ranges from 64 GB (or 128 GB by 2020) to 1 TB.
- It runs stock Android relatively.
- It has a decent execution.
- The battery life is low.
Buy this amazing tablet Now at Amazon
Apple Ipad Mini: Best Android Tablet For Gaming
For years now, the iPad has dominated the tablet scene, and the seventh-generation iPad (2019) is the culmination of Apple’s entire experience. There’s no whistles and bells in here. If you want creativity, stay tuned. It is an all-around powerful, usable tool that offers an excellent tablet experience at a fair price. It replaces the iPad of the previous year, adding a bigger screen and a Smart Connector so you can attach it to the Smart Keyboard from Apple.
- The 10.2-inch, the bright monitor, is great for watching images.
- It feels slim and compact to hold, with the usual high standards of Apple coming through in terms of build quality, though the thick bezels start looking dated.
- Within, Apple’s A10 processor features an integrated M10 coprocessor and 3 GB of RAM, but what you need to know is that it runs smoothly.
- Whether you’re browsing the web, watching a movie, or playing the latest games, the iPad delivers lag-free output.
- When you need to take pictures with your phone, there’s an excellent 8-megapixel rear camera with a fast f/2.4 aperture capable of capturing lots of detail.
- The 1.2-megapixel selfie camera has an f/2.2 aperture, at 720p suitable for FaceTime, but nothing else.
The battery life is incredible. More than 10 hours of HD video playback can be obtained from a single charge, and with regular usage on Wi-Fi, you might reasonably expect to go between charges for a week.
- This iPad Mini runs stock Android relatively.
- Further, it also has a decent execution.
- The battery life of this iPad Mini is very low.
Buy this amazing tablet from Amazon
Apple iPad Pro
Sporting the most significant and fastest screen available, this tablet is great for games with a 2732 x 2048-pixel resolution and Apple ‘s ProMotion technology for an incredibly smooth 120Hz refresh rate. There is no lack of computing power with Apple’s A12X Bionic chip, which features eight cores and a fast deep learning neural engine.
- Whether you are leading armies in Civilization VI or editing a picture in Photoshop, nothing is quicker.
- The iPad Pro is capable of handling any game or drawing device you throw at.
- Its space starts at 64 GB and goes up to 1 TB, but for an extensive capacity, you have to pay a lot.
- It has a cutting edge built.
- It has an excellent resolution computer.
- It has very fast Speakers.
- It has a very long battery life.
Its stylus-attachment scheme and rejection of screen palm needs research.
Buy this amazing tablet at: https://www.amazon.in/Apple-iPad-11-inch-Wi-Fi-Cellular/dp/B07KKX1D8R
Frequently Asked Questions
Which OS Is The Best?
When your top concern is entertainment, and you are likely to use a lot of devices and games, then we suggest the iOS for Apple as the best platform. There are plenty of high applications designed especially for the iPad, and you have access to all of the top subscription services and an extensive content store. It’s sleek and open, too, so that everyone can easily get to grips with it.
Android has a broader range of free software and games, but they’re typically less polished, but this could be a tradeoff you ‘re going to consider. Things are also complicated by the platform’s forked variants of distributor UIs, or in the case of Amazon. They can postpone the changes to Android and make the user experience completely different. For example, Amazon’s tablets run an Android version called Fire OS, and initially only have access to the small subset of apps and games available in the Amazon Appstore, not the full list you’ll find in Google’s Play Store.
If you like the concept of running the same software that you have on your Windows PC and you want a business tool that connects seamlessly to your Microsoft services, then a Windows 10 tablet would be tempting. It’s durable, but having decent hardware for good user experience is also fairly costly. If you’re not a business user, or you don’t have to run Windows-only software, you might get overkill.
Can You Make Phone Calls On A Tablet?
Sure, on a tablet, you can make phone calls, but you need to connect to the internet. You can either connect your tablet to Wi-Fi, or you can purchase a tablet with cellular coverage and space for a SIM card if you need to make calls when you’re out and beyond the scope of a Wi-Fi network. Only bear in mind if you’re going on the SIM card route, that you’ll still have to sign up for some sort of service plan. Some carriers sell exclusive tablet plans.
You can use FaceTime on an iPad, but there are plenty of secure alternative video chat applications that work with tablets or iPads from Ios. Many of them let you even make audio calls. Usually, the person you want to call has to have the same device, though. Some apps, such as Skype, do allow you to dial standard landline or cell phone numbers, but usually, you’ll have to pay per minute or get a subscription. A decent app that works on Best android tablets or iPads that gives you a free call number, text messages, and voicemail is Google Voice, but it only works in the United States.
Can You Text From A Tablet?
Yeah, text messages can be sent from a phone. You can use iMessage if you have an iPad, but this will only allow you to send messages to other iOS devices or Mac computers. There are plenty of excellent text messaging apps running on Android or iOS. If you are based in the U.S., you should also use Google Speech, because it gives you a free number for calls and text messages.
How Do We Test?
The tablets we check to act as our regular drivers, so we make good use of them to get them through their paces. That includes watching videos, playing games, trying lots of software, reading, working on them, and even taking pictures and shooting videos with them (which is difficult to do without looking foolish). We love modern, revolutionary features, but we also appreciate well designed classic design. Ultimately, we ‘re looking for tablets to fulfil most people’s needs and their ability to serve up entertainment is paramount.