Best Helmets in India (2020 List) Every Biker Should See!
Over the years, reckless and imprudent driving has led to many road accidents in our country. One should compulsorily wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best helmets in India, which you can buy based on your budget and requirements.
Here, we have not only discussed the names of the best helmets in India but have also discussed features, advantages as well as disadvantages. Ensure that you read the whole article to get in-dept information on the best helmets in India.
There are ample helmets available in the market, and choosing the best one is always a task. Everyone having a two-wheeler should ensure to use a suitable helmet based on their budget as well as requirement.
Let us go through the list of some of the best helmets in India, which you can buy in 2020.
Best Helmets Under 2000
Following is the list of the best helmets under 2000:
Studds Marshall Open Face Helmet – Under 2000
Over the years, Studds has been considered to be the best helmets under 2000. Further, it has also helped riders to safeguard their head by providing the best quality of helmets. Studds Marshall SUS is one of the most popular helmets amongst the bike riders and is also regarded as one of the best open face helmets in India.
Studds uses the highest quality of material in their helmets. If you can use a helmet with the utmost care, then it can last for quite long. Since the material used for making this helmet is of very premium quality, the helmet feels to be quite heavy when it is worn. Thus, if you are riding for long hours at a stretch, then this helmet is not an ideal one for you.
Studds have coated the visor section with Silicon to make it more durable. Thus, this visor made out of polycarbonate does not only resist scratches but can also withstand numerous damages and blows.
This helmet is available in four different colors as well in three different sizes. Thus, we ensure that you will get the best helmet that suits your personality and style and is the size of your head.
Advantages of Studds Marshall Open Face Helmet – Under 2000 are as follows:
- It offers an ideal as well as a comfortable fit for anyone.
- It looks quite sleek and stylish because of the use of polycarbonate.
- Its internal section cushioning makes it feel comfortable while wearing.
- Its visor section is very sturdy as well as scratch-resistant.
- Further, it is reasonably priced.
- It is considered as one of the best helmets in India with regards to durability.
Disadvantages of Studds Marshall Open Face Helmet – Under 2000 are as follows:
- It is a little heavier.
- The design of this helmet looks quite outdated.
Vega Verve Open Face Helmet (Women’s) – Under 2000
Have you been looking for a chic women’s helmet? Well, then Vega Verve is a perfect choice. It is considered to be one of the best helmets in India for women because of its sophisticated looks as well as its sturdy structure. This helmet can last for quite a long time.
Even though it is very strongly built, it weighs only 1.24 kg because of its design. Hence, also if you wear it for a longer time, you will not feel uncomfortable. Its excellent design makes the chin lock very easy to utilize and operate.
You can adjust the front flip as per your needs since it is an open-face helmet. Thus, you can even eat and drink without taking off the helmet. Further, this open-face helmet enhances overall ventilation.
Thus, irrespective of the number of hours you wear this helmet, your head will not get sweaty that easily.
The visor section of the protective headgear is made up of very high-quality glass material. Thus, it not only offers impressive visibility but can also withstand any type of scratches and damages.
Advantages of Vega Verve Open Face Helmet (Women’s) – Under 2000 are as follows:
- It is considered as ideal for the women who ride two-wheelers quite frequently.
- Further, it also offers excellent ventilation since it features two different vents.
- It is available in four different sizes.
- The looks of this helmet are quite stylish because of its attractive design.
- The helmet is very durable in terms of quality.
- It is available in a lot of different colors.
Disadvantages of Vega Verve Open Face Helmet (Women’s) – Under 2000 are as follows:
- It is a little expensive as compared to its competitor’s brands.
Vega Cliff CLF-LK-L Full Face Helmet (Black, L)
It is a full-face helmet model, unlike the previous two models in our list, and is considered to be the best motorcycle helmet. It is an ideal helmet for those who love small rides or generally use bikes while traveling short distances. However, this helmet is very light in weight and also ends up flying while the rider is riding the bike at a higher speed. It is not an advisable helmet model for any racers.
Vega has used ABS material in its outer shell to make the helmet more durable. Further, the helmet can bear high impacts, which usually arise during an accident, and thus, it protects your head.
Since the inner section is very soft, you would not feel uncomfortable even after wearing it for a longer time.
For improving its convenience, the helmet has a scratch-resistant glass in its visor section. Hence, it is not only durable but is also quite radiant and, further, offers a lot of excellent visibility.
Advantages of Vega Cliff CLF-LK-L Full Face Helmet (Black, L) are as follows:
- It is considered to be ideal for people who travel daily on their bikes.
- It is quite strong and can endure a lot of impacts.
- Further, this helmet is ISI approved. The helmet is considerably lighter in weight. l
- The visor part of the helmet is scratch-resistant.
- It is reasonably priced as compared to other similar helmets.
Disadvantages of Vega Cliff CLF-LK-L Full Face Helmet (Black, L) are as follows:
- It is not ideal for the racing-enthusiasts.
- Further, it feels a little bit tight when you wear it for the first time.
Studds Cub Open Face Helmet – Under 2000
Studds has been offering the best helmets for the bike riders ever since its inception. This helmet model stands fourth in our list of the best helmets in India.
Thermoplastic material, a high-quality material, has been used to make the outer layer of this helmet. Thus, this helmet helps you to protect your head from any kind of trauma or shock.
Further, for improving its convenience, a lot of different textures have been used on it. Thus, it is not only durable but can also resist any laceration as well as abrasion. Moreover, to provide you with maximum comfort, Studds has also used soft as well as cushiony material to make the inner lining of the helmet.
To prevent any allergies or any other skin issues, Studds has also covered this section with a very high-quality velveteen material. Thus, irrespective of any size helmet you buy, it can sit very comfortably on your head, and it makes you feel very cozy and content.
Since it is lighter in weight, the chances are that if you might fly off while you are riding the bike at a higher speed. Ensure that you tighten the straps of the helmet properly before you start riding your bike.
Advantages of Studds Cub Open Face Helmet – Under 2000:
- It is one of the best bike helmets with regards to the durability as well as longevity.
- It provides an excellent ventilation system.
- Further, it looks very sleek.
- It also offers impressive visibility.
- The inner section of the helmet is very well-cushioned.
- It is considered to be ideal for daily travelers.
Disadvantages of Studds Cub Open Face Helmet – Under 2000:
- It is not regarded as the best model for the racers.
Vega Crux Flip-up Helmet – Under 2000
If you are looking for a helmet that is not stylish but also reasonably priced, then this helmet is perfect for you.
It is considered as one of the best helmets in India under 2000 rupees. The helmet is quite lighter in weight. Thus, with this protective helmet, you would never feel any discomfort while you are riding a bike.
Further, this helmet also comes with a fantastic ventilation system, which helps to prevent your head from getting sweaty.
Since it is light in weight, it might feel uncomfortable if you are riding at a higher speed. Thus, it is not the recommendable helmet if you are a racer. The outer section of the helmet is made up of very high-quality materials. Therefore, if in case you meet with an accident, you can still quite comfortably, safeguard your head by soaking the impact. This helmet’s inner lining is very well cushioned, and thus, it’s very convenient to use. Further, it also prevents you from skin irritations and allergic reactions.
Advantages of Vega Crux Flip-up Helmet – Under 2000 are as follows:
- It weighs only 1.5kg, and thus, it is quite light
- It comes with a solid structure as well as a glamorous look.
- It also features a removable visor.
- It does not need much maintenance.
- Further, it can withstand a high amount of impacts quite comfortably.
- It is also scratch-resistant.
Disadvantages of Vega Crux Flip-up Helmet – Under 2000 are as follows:
- It is not considered to be an excellent option for racers.
- Further, it is little on the expensive side.
Best Helmets Under 3000
Following is the list of the best helmets under 3000:
Vega Off Road Sketch Full Face Graphic Helmet – Under 3000
This helmet is an ISI-approved helmet. Further, it is one of the best helmets under 3000. It is also available in several attractive shades. Moreover, it comes with a ventilation system containing four air vents. Thus, this vent system works very effectively and offers a fantastic airflow, which, eventually, improves your overall riding experience.
To give this helmet a fantastic look, these vents are placed very stylishly. This helmet is a full-face helmet.
Since the outer shell of this helmet is made up of high-quality ABS material, it boosts its overall durability. Further, if the helmet is used correctly, it can be used for quite a long time.
This helmet has a set of in-built goggles, and thus, its surface is scratch-free. Therefore, this enhances the overall performance of the helmet. Moreover, it also offers excellent visibility in any conditions.
The quality of this helmet’s inner section is outstanding, and thus, it is considered as one of the best helmets in India. This inner section has been made out of a multi-density EPS liner. Therefore, when you wear a helmet, it feels very soft and comfortable. Further, this inner lining is removable. So, it saves on a lot of time from cleaning and maintaining the helmet.
Advantages of Vega Off Road Sketch Full Face Graphic Helmet – Under 3000 are as follows:
- It comes with a removable sunshade.
- Further, it has a scratch-resistant yet transparent visor.
- It also has a removable inner lining.
- Also, it comes with in-built goggles.
- Its ventilation system provides outstanding airflow as well as breathability.
Disadvantages of Vega Off Road Sketch Full Face Graphic Helmet – Under 3000 are as follows:
- It feels a little bit tight when it is worn for the first time.
Steelbird Helmet SBA-1 Free Live – Under 3000
This helmet is considered to be one of the best helmets in India because it is stylish as well as durable. The helmet’s outer shell is made out of very strong ABS materials. Thus, this helmet needs very less maintenance and can be used for a longer time.
For making the use of the helmet more convenient, it is equipped with AUX technology. Further, this technology also enables riders to use their mobile phone using a cable. Therefore, even while riding, you can take calls or even listen to music with this helmet.
Furthermore, owing to this technology, the headpiece does not need a battery to provide its services. Thus, you can listen to music or even answer your calls until your mobile’s battery lasts.
Not only is it known for its fantastic appearance, but also it is quite compact and robust.
Advantages of Steelbird Helmet SBA-1 Free Live – Under 3000 are as follows:
- It offers a very comfortable yet warm fit.
- The helmet looks stylish because of its unique design.
- Further, the helmet is also waterproof.
- It also comes equipped with advanced AUX technology.
- It is quite strong and can also withstand numerous blows.
Disadvantages of Steelbird Helmet SBA-1 Free Live – Under 3000 are as follows:
- It is a little bit more expensive than its rivals.
Steelbird SBA-2 Race Full Face Helmet in Matt Finish With Chrome Visor – Under 3000
This helmet is an upgraded version of SBA-1 and is named as SBA-2. Even though it has a lot of dissimilarities, it still has some features that are identical to SBA – 1.
Just like SBA-1, the outer section of SBA-2 is also made out of high-impact ABS. Thus, this helmet can endure a high-amount of shocks. Further, it also provides maximum protection to your head.
Nevertheless, SBA-2 is right now available only in two sizes, which are 580mm and 600mm. Thus, if your head is comparatively more significant, then it would become challenging for you to find a suitable size of SBA-2.
This helmet also comes with an advanced ventilation system, which aids in keeping your head as well as hair free from sweat. To improve its overall capability, Steelbird has also equipped its helmet with an air booster system. It just works as an air recycler.
Advantages of Steelbird SBA-2 Race Full Face Helmet in Matt Finish With Chrome Visor – Under 3000 are as follows:
- It features an iridium-coated visor, which provides superior clarity.
- The overall durability of the product is very satisfying.
- This helmet is available in different colors.
- It also comes with an oval shape, which makes it look unique.
- It can block the outside noise very efficiently.
- It is quite strong as well as durable.
- It also comes with a neck protector for improved protection.
Disadvantages of Steelbird SBA-2 Race Full Face Helmet in Matt Finish With Chrome Visor – Under 3000 are as follows:
- This helmet is available in only two size variants.
Best Helmets Under 5000
Following is the list of the best helmets under 5000:
LS2 FF352 Full Face Helmet – Under 5000
LS2 FF352 is considered as one of the best helmets in India 5000. LS2 has launched several highly efficient helmets. Most of the helmets of this brand are a little expensive. However, riders who are looking for cheap, as well as an effective helmet, the brand has recently launched this new helmet.
This helmet seems to outstand its competitors even though it features very simple color schemes. It looks quite beautiful. It also comes in six different designs, which makes this whole series even more lovable.
This helmet is equipped with a single-chin vent which can be operated by a slider. Thus, the inside of the helmet becomes breathable. Further, it also features a pair of exhaust vents at the rear as well as a single brow vent to keep your head sweat-free. However, while riding at a higher speed, the visor tends to fog up when the vents are open, which is one of the minor drawbacks of this helmet.
Advantages of LS2 FF352 Full Face Helmet – Under 5000 are as follows:
- It provides excellent breathability as well as superior ventilation.
- It can also suppress loud noises very effectively.
- The visor of this helmet is scratch-resistant.
- Further, this helmet is made with high-quality polycarbonate, which makes it quite durable.
- It also provides a comfortable yet warm fit.
Disadvantages of LS2 FF352 Full Face Helmet – Under 5000 are as follows:
- Its visor sometimes fogs up while riding at high speed.
- This helmet is available only in one size.
SMK MA243 Twister Attack Graphics Pinlock Fitted Full Face Helmet With Clear Visor – Under 5000
This full-face helmet is one of the newest additions of SMK’s Twister series. It has several modern features like Bluetooth compatibility along with the regular features. Thus, this helmet is considered to be as both technology-rich as well as accurately convenient.
Just like any other Twister series, this helmet is also made out of the EIRT material. Thus, the outer section feels quite strong and is known to have the capability of continuing high impacts.
The helmet also looks very sleek as well as stylish during the daytime because of the use of the authentic EIRT. So, if you are planning to buy a helmet that protects your head and also improves your looks, then this one should be on your list.
This helmet feels very light when worn. Therefore, if you love riding for a longer time, then this helmet is perfect for you.
Advantages of SMK MA243 Twister Attack Graphics Pinlock Fitted Full Face Helmet With Clear Visor – Under 5000 are as follows:
- It comes with thick inner padding, which is rarely available in the helmets of this price range.
- The graphics on this helmet look very beautiful.
- It also provides excellent breathability.
- Its visor is durable as well as scratch-resistant.
- It also features an internal sun shield.
- It comes with adjustable air vents
- The helmet is very robust and sturdy.
- This helmet does not weigh much.
- It is also compatible with Bluetooth.
Disadvantages of SMK MA243 Twister Attack Graphics Pinlock Fitted Full Face Helmet With Clear Visor – Under 5000 are as follows:
- It feels tighter when it is worn for the first time.
SMK MA200 Twister Pinlock Fitted Full Face Helmet – Under 5000
On the third position of our list of the best helmets in India under 5000 comes yet another SMK model, named as MA200. Like its other siblings, it also comes with a scratch-resistant visor, which is quite big and extensive.
The SMK MA200 comes with a highly-efficient ventilation system, which offers excellent breathability. Therefore, even while you are taking a long ride, the headgear will not make you feel sweaty or suffocated.
Another thing, which can make you feel quite comfortable, is its inner lining. This section is known to be quite soft and offers a cushioned feeling to your head.
The inner lining of the helmet is known to be removable. So, while washing it, you can remove it and put it back inside once you have completed your job.
The outer shell of the helmet has been molded with high-quality thermoplastic material, which makes both durable and glossy. Therefore, besides protecting your head from trauma, the headgear will also add quite a bit of charm to your look.
Advantages of SMK MA200 Twister Pinlock Fitted Full Face Helmet – Under 5000 are as follows:
- It comes with an adjustable ventilation system.
- The helmet feels quite strong because of being made with EIRT.
- It is also very compatible with Bluetooth.
- The visor of this helmet is scratch-resistant.
- It offers a tight as well as a comfortable fit.
- This helmet is quite lightweight.
Disadvantages of SMK MA200 Twister Pinlock Fitted Full Face Helmet – Under 5000 are as follows:
- This helmet’s strap lock quality could have been better.
Best Helmets Under 10000
Following is the list of the best helmets under 10000:
LS2 Full Face Premium Helmet FF 352 FLICKER With Mercury Visor – Under 10000
This helmet is one of the best helmets under 10000 in India. Just like other LS2 models, the outer shell of this helmet has also been built with exceptionally high-quality KPA material. Thus, this helmet ranks as one of the best helmets in India because of its durability.
This helmet has used a soft material to make its inner section. Therefore, you will not have even an iota of discomfort while wearing this helmet.
The inner lining of this helmet enhances the convenience and also improves the breathability of the helmet. This helmet provides a clear view of the road because of the removable visor. Thus, if you wish to wash it, you can easily remove it from the helmet and again attach it once you are done washing.
Advantages of LS2 Full Face Premium Helmet FF 352 FLICKER With Mercury Visor – Under 10000 are as follows:
- This helmet weighs only 1350 grams.
- Further, this helmet is ECE-certified.
- The helmet’s visor section is tear and wear-resistant.
- Moreover, this helmet comes with a unisex design.
- The ventilation system of the helmet is very efficient.
Disadvantages of LS2 Full Face Premium Helmet FF 352 FLICKER With Mercury Visor – Under 10000 are as follows:
- This helmet does now have a pin lock system.
LS2 390-1204 Full Face Helmet – Under 10000
It is the second-best helmet in India. It is one of the most sought after helmets by riding-enthusiasts in India.
This helmet is very light and comfortable as it has three different shells to build it. Thus, if you love having longer rides, this helmet is an ideal one for you.
The outer shell of this helmet is made from an exclusive kinetic polymer alloy. This KPA material comes with a massive amount of penetration resistance as well as provides excellent energy-absorbing flexibility. Thus, the helmet can, very efficiently, help to protect your head against any shocks or impacts.
Advantages of LS2 390-1204 Full Face Helmet – Under 10000 are as follows:
- The helmet does not weigh much at all.
- It comes with detachable padding.
- The outer shell of the helmet is quite sturdy.
- This helmet offers optimum visibility as well as breathability.
- Further, this helmet also comes with a unisex design, which improves its convenience by a mile.
Disadvantages of LS2 390-1204 Full Face Helmet – Under 10000 are as follows:
- This helmet has no drawbacks.
LS2 390-1325 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet – Under 10000
It is the third-best helmet under 10000 in India.
Just like its previous model on our list, this helmet is also made out by using three different shells. Thus, it weighs a lot less than the other helmets in the market.
Since this helmet is made using three shells, it is also very durable. Thus, if you take good care of this helmet, then it can be used for a lot of years.
The face shield of this helmet is very robust, as well as scratch-resistant. It also can prevent the UV rays of the Sun from harming your eyes as well as the face. Also, if it gets dirty or damaged, you can anytime change it very comfortably without using any tool or equipment.
Advantages of LS2 390-1325 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet – Under 10000 are as follows:
- It comes with a DOT-approved quick-release chain system.
- It features dual-density EPS for providing optimum protection.
- The outer shell of the helmet is very robust.
- This helmet has a ventilation system that provides excellent breathability.
- This helmet weighs only 1.54kg, which feels very comfortable when worn
- The scratch-resistant visor of this helmet offers excellent visibility.
Disadvantages of LS2 390-1325 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet – Under 10000 are as follows:
- The price of this helmet is a little bit expensive.
When talking about helmets, a lot of options are available both online as well as offline stores. Thus, it becomes challenging for the riders to find the best helmet for them.
Hope this article will help you in choosing the best helmet based on your budget as well as requirements.