Backpack … what is the purpose to buy .. why do you want it … Adventure or Freedom or Travel — Answer is choices are as many as there are backpacks in the world. These 9 tips will ensure all your needs are covered and you make a smart buy.
You may visit Amazon.in for a look for the choices available online. Let’s start with the best buying tips to get the best for you.
- Comfort is the most important factor in choosing a backpack. If bag keeps hurting the back while you travel, it is not the best one to buy
- With an injury how come you would be able to enjoy your trip
- Must buy backpacks with
- Comfortable back panel
- Adjustable and padded shoulder straps
- Hip belt distribute weight
- Backpacks crafted with durable fabric or materials lasts long.
- Check before buying that they are made up of nylon material which is a ultra-strong stuff, must have zippers of YKK-grade and nylon or polyester shoulder straps
- Backpacks must be waterproof and must have protective padding for delicate electronic equipment.
- Water resistant material, if not available with the bag, you must have a backpack cover to protect it during your outdoor backpacking adventure trips.
- Padding is a must for laptops and tablets to ensure secure fastening from sudden jerks to the bag.
- Find the perfect size backpack that is proportional to body of the user and can carry the things needed in a trip.
- Two things must be considered :-
- Torso length
- Hip Size
|Extra small & small||up to 18″|
|Medium & regular||18″ – 20″|
|Large||20″ and above|
Your Activity Needs
- You can choose between
- Travel bags
- Minimalist backpacks
- Short hikes or college —- canvas backpack will do
- Mode of transport is bicycle —- water-proof nylon backpack will be the best
- You have to manage it according to your needs.
Match your needs with a backpack made from the right materials to ensure that it stays intact for years.
The commonly used backpack materials are…
- Cotton Canvas
- Rough weave
- Made from natural material
- Modern have a mix of synthetic materials
- Reduced weight
- Increased waterproof capabilities
- Nylon backpacks
- Slick to the touch
- Ready acceptance
- Waterproof coating
- Abrasion resistance
- Excellent puncture resistance
- “air treated” nylon fabric
- abrasion resistance
- light weight
- higher end backpacks material
- Rip-stop Nylon
- Offer extra protection
- Ensures security
- Excellent waterproofing
- higher resistance to ultra-violet wear and tear
- Most rugged material
- Strong and Tough
- Comes in vibrant color
- Material gets unique patina after some time
- Organic quality
- Perfect for workplace use
- Formal style of backpack
- Backpacks can be highly organized if it has pockets and compartments.
- It helps in good distribution of items and weight
- It must have:-
- Multiple Compartments
- Elasticized side pockets
- Front pocket
- Backpack prices differ due to size, fabric, and brand.
- Store bags are cheaper than branded ones.
- Your style choice depends on your personality and the design of the backpack.
- A backpack must balance between practicality and sophistication equally.
- Occasional and daily usage is also a deciding factor.