Geyser, commonly known as water heater, is a household name and a regular necessity of todayís world. Starting from brushing your teeth in the cold wintry morning to the night time warm bath tub soaking, a quality geyser is a must for non-stop supply of hot water.
Thus, buying a geyser is a crucial decision that one has to make to meets demands of his or her household. In this respect useful information on geysers has been provided by this byuying guide.
But, before starting with the buyer’s guide, checkout the models available online to decide for the best one.
Best Geysers in 2022
It is a product from Panasonic that will provide you with hot water up to 25 liters per hour. You can also select your geyser’s power mode so that it automatically switches off when it gets a suitable temperature. This geyser is very effortless to install and arrives with a manual that will make it even easier for you to conclude this task. It also has a 24-hour timer so that you can set your water heater to arrive at specific times of day when you require hot water most.
A.O. Smith Signature 900 Hybrid Water Heater
If environmental friendliness is your primary concern, consider the A.O. Smith Signature 900 Hybrid Water Heater. According to the manufacturer, this Energy Star-certified model saves the average home with three to four users more than $300 per year in energy costs. Its hybrid design features a heat pump, similar to the one you may already have to heat and cool your home to transfer heat from the surrounding air into the water tank. However, the Signature 900 also features two backup heating elements because the heat pump is slower than traditional heating. In addition, it comes with a 10-year limited warranty and may qualify for additional rebates or tax credits.
These water heaters are the top-of-the-line models on the need and deliver a lot of value for your funds. They have been constructed with durable stainless steel construction, making them resistant to rust and corrosion. The Pro Series also features a high-efficiency rating and a meager energy rating. It is a high-quality water heater that has been designed with the modern homeowner in mind. It gives you all the features and performance you need to get hot water instantly without paying a substantial price tag. In addition, this model offers a small footprint, making it very comfortable to install it just about anywhere in your home. The unit is also created from a durable steel frame that creates it positively resistant to rust and corrosion.
Rheem Performance 75 Gallon Gas Water Heater
Large families regularly drain a water heater tank, so the heater isnít burning energy to keep a new tank at temperature. For this reason, large families typically take longer to recoup the cost of a tankless unit. If you think a big tank is a right fit for you, consider the Rheem Performance 75-Gallon Gas Water Heater ó essentially the giant tank you can buy without getting into commercial-sized water heaters.
Quickly warms the water to the desired temperature without any difficulty or mess. It is an ideal choice for those who prefer a high-end product that will offer long-lasting service and superior performance. The hot water tap can be handled by switches located on both sides of the geyser and safety. It is the best opportunity to consider if you are skimming for an electric model.
It needs two 40-amp breakers. But assuming itís around $20 more than the budget-friendly tanked water heater choice higher up in this list, the associated energy savings should settle for the heater and any needed electrical assignment in a few years.
The V-Guard Calino has been conceived to offer you quality service for many years. It has a 25-liter capacity and heats the water using gas as fuel, so it only needs to be connected to your gas supply, not the electricity. This geyser also has an adaptable thermostat that permits you to control how much hot water it operates, depending on your requirements. As a result, the Calino Geyser is an excellent choice for both homes and businesses since it provides hot water quickly and efficiently.
A.O. Smith Signature Series Tankless Water Heater
The A.O. Smith Signature Series Tankless Water Heater hits an outstanding balance between price and performance. Gas tankless units maintain a higher initial buying price than electric versions, but the descending operating expenses typically balance out over the unit’s life. This model delivers enough hot water to run three showers simultaneously. Plus, it’s Energy Star rated, suggesting it’s one of the most energy-efficient units available. However, because it’s gas-fueled, you’ll require to run a vent line. If you’re preparing on DIYing the installation, ensure you comply with all codes and demand permitting.
AO Smith is one of the foremost names in water heaters. They have created their reputation by producing quality products with a high customer service and support level. This heater is one instance that illustrates why they are such a successful company. In addition, this product comes with an impressive lifetime warranty, which is excellent news for anyone glancing to invest in a high-end product. Furthermore, it holds a high energy efficiency rating, which means you can keep big on your monthly heating bills. Most importantly, the AO Smith HSE-VAS-X-025 is easy to install and arrives with the necessary hardware for a quick installation process, making it an outstanding choice for anyone who requires to have their water heater installed in a short portion of time.
By not maintaining a tank of hot water constantly at the watch, youíll see considerable savings in your energy bill. Units like the Rheem Performance Tankless Electric Water Heater can deliver about seven gallons a minute, delivering hot water necessities for the whole house. But generating that much heat needs a considerable amount of space in the electrical breaker box ó youíll require to dedicate four 40-amp double-pole breakers to this heater. On the other hand, itís simple to utilize. The easy-to-read LCD exhibits the temperature, and the single dial on the unitís face permits adjustments in one-degree increments. Plus, itís supported by Rheemís five-year warranty.
Gladiator 50 Gallon Electric Water Heater
The 12-year warranty surpasses most competitorsí coverage, and itís paired with a three-year labor warranty. The auto-clean characteristic fights the sediment build-up that can trim a water heaterís life, and you can monitor and supervise the Gladiator from the Rheem smartphone app.
A.O. Smith’s Signature 100 Series 50 Gallon Water Heater
A.O. Smithís Signature 100 Series 50-Gallon Water Heater is a reliable unit at a reasonable price. Of course, you can find less costly gas units, but this heaterís six-year warranty, self-cleaning dip tube, and ceramic-fused tank protection mean fewer potential headaches down the road. In addition, itís got an environmentally-friendly burner that delivers lower levels of nitrogen oxide and nitrogen dioxide than a conventional gas water heater.
Rheem Performance 40 Gallon Electric Water Heater
At $419, the Rheem Performance 40-Gallon Electric Water Heater is amazingly wallet-friendly. The 40-gallon tank creates it a good fit for smaller families or households with an offset usage cycle since it carries less energy to keep it warm between uses. In addition, it only requires a 25-amp electrical breaker, so it shouldnít need a massive electrical overhaul to install. If youíre returning an existing electric water heater, it may be harsh to discover a better bargain than this.
Primary Features of Geysers
- Effect of operational costs and maintenance of the geyser
- Have electric heating elements
- Heats up with electricity when passed through it
- Gas-based water heaters where temperature rises instantly using LPG or propane which is comparatively cheaper and has instant heating feature too
- Geysers may or may not have the facility to store heated water like in case of 3-5 Litre tanks
- Small water heaters are energy efficient as well as prevent wastage of water
- Storage water heaters can store 10-15 litres (average)
- Places where water freezes in winters, instant water heaters with 2-3 litre capacities are the best.
|Storage capacities||Family Size|
|10-15 litres||3-4 members|
|3-4 litres||singles or a couple|
- Usually need 1500 to 2000 Watts A/C power
- Some may need 2500 Watts or 3000 Watts
- To work faster , a large amount of electricity is consumed within short periods of time
Secondary Features of Geysers
- Control the degree of hotness of water to be heated, as desired by the user
- Cut-off feature should be present to show the presence of hot water
- Some may have the feature to choose heating element power help to indicate time required for heating
- Functionality differ season to season due to the initial temperature of the water
Build and Material
- Should have rust-proof build
- Strong storage cylinder type
- Mostly come with enamelled steel containers having Titanium, Polymer, or Glass coating
- Good Insulation is offered through Steel-based alloys and glass
- These are less corrosive
- They retain original structure and surface for longer service years
- Magnesium rods should be checked for less corrosive nature
- Some geyser models even work better in low-electricity supplies as copper is the best conductors of heat
Size and Body Design
Generally geysers are cylindrical in shape but now-a-days new upcoming models do have horizontal or cube shapes too.
Top Categories of Geysers
|Storage Geyser||Capacities of 7-10 litres to 25-45 litres|
Families of 3-5 members
|Create problems for small bathrooms|
Consume more electricity
|Gas Geyser||No electricity needed|
Fits for kitchens
Can be partnered with washing machines for live hot water supply
|Safety recommendations must be followed|
Prone to mishaps due to gas leakage
Active surveillance must be done at the time of operation
CO emission is a major concern
|Instant Geyser||Power friendly|
Good for bathing and washing clothes
Best for small family or singles
Fits into kitchens where hot water is needed instantly
Best for places where no storage required
|Active surveillance is must during operations|
Lower cut-off temperatures (~ 50? C)
Caters only one or two people
|Solar Water Heaters||Water is heated by solar radiations|
Heat the highest amounts within few minutes
Almost zero electricity requirements
|Heavier than others|
Initial installation cost is very high
Active surveillance required during heating
Become non-operational during monsoons and winter
Safety Precautions to be Considered
- Copper chambers should not be preferred for homes
- In long run, water pressure damages the copper chambers of the geyser
- Gas heaters with LPG cylinder, has to be taken care of
- LPG cylinder must be installed outside the bathroom with leak proof gas connection
- Proper ventilation for CO emission must be prioritized
- Electric geysers with a bulb indicator for 60?C cut-off should be there to avoid overheating
- Opt for BIS/ISI mark geyser
- Consider the size, height and electric connection of the bathroom before buying
- Check for manufacturerís warranty information
Safety Instructions during Geyser Utility Time
- Children should be kept away from the geyser when itís switched on.
- Only Geyser should be switched on.
- No other electrical appliance in the bathroom should be switched on along with the geyser.
- To avoid high electricity consumption, sediments must be removed thru flushing.
- Detailed safety recommendations given in the user manual must be followed.