Best Dash Cam Under $100 is exactly what the name implies, is a camera that is mounted on your vehicle’s dashboard. The fundamental characteristics are to serve as a “silent witness” in the case of accidents – the dashcam is intended to carefully and accurately record all detail on the road.
Dash cams are more valuable than people think! While the upfront cost may seem expensive, dash cams have established to encourage drivers save money in the long run by taking them out of hit-and-runs, transport accidents and more.
Having that peace-of-mind understanding that your silent witness defends your vehicle is priceless.
“I am a good driver; I don’t get into accidents ever.” It is the most commonly used excuse for not getting a dashcam. While you may have an excellent driving record, not everyone on the road is a good driver, and accidents happen.
The dashcam was never intended to be an accident-prevention device but instead a recording device. In case of an mishap, you have an honest account of what occurred.
Insurance companies and law enforcement administrators are more than welcoming dashcam footage as they draw a fair picture of what occurred.
Defend yourself from undesirable hassle and absurdity – accepting a dashcam is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your carrier. Therefore, let’s check some of the best dash cams under $100.
Rexing Dash Cam V1
The Best Heat Handling dash cam below $100 is the Rexing Dash Cam V1. This cam can endure temperatures as high as 176.0-degrees Fahrenheit and as lowly as negative 20.0-degrees Fahrenheit due to the supercapacitor featured in the dash cam. A seven-layer 170.0-degree glass lens paired with WDR technology allows you to capture a comprehensive view with a clear vision. The dash cam also shows loop recording and a G-sensor. While the display on this dash cam may not be touchscreen, it is a high-quality LCD screen with durable buttons to navigate through the screens. This dash cam can capture 2160p video without being so bulky that it obscures the driver’s view. In addition, the parking monitor feature automatically turns on and records 20 seconds of video when the car detects vibration.
- Ease of Installation: The dash cam is relatively easy to install as it employs an adhesive mount. While you can modify the camera up and down after installation, changing the dash cam from left to right is nearly impossible.
- Video Quality: The Rexing Dash Cam V1 is the best in class in terms of video quality. The details of license plates and the objects on the road became crisp and clear after downloading the video footage.
- User Experience: The gigantic LCD screen and buttons positioned below the screen make checking video footage and navigating through diverse screens on your dash cam extremely easy. The dash cam’s app was quite user-friendly. The LCD screen is a touchscreen, though.
The in-plane switching (IPS) 2.0-inch screen is a helpful feature of this dash cam. The component is a GPS module attached to the dash cam, allowing you to playback recorded videos with GPS data. In addition, this dash cam has superior night vision thanks to the dash cam’s high dynamic range (HDR), six-layer glass lenses, and the inclusion of an image sensor in the form of a Sony Starvis Sensor. Furthermore, this dash cam holds collision and motion detection in the parking mode. Ultimately, this dash cam can deliver video up to 4K resolution and can capture time-lapse videos.
- Ease of Installation: Installing and fixing this dash cam was no problem. It is appreciated to include a pry tool to simplify removing the dash cam from a windshield.
- Video Quality: The quality of video that the dash cam documented doesn’t depart much to be desired. In terms of video quality, it isn’t much more reasonable than ultra HD 4K video. Additionally, a 170.0-degree wide-angle lens indicates your dash cam’s viewing angle is broad enough to grab anything in front of you on the road.
- User Experience: This dash cam loses minor points in the UX of its app. This app is the most difficult to set up, and downloading pictures and videos is arduous.
The 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S is supplied with the Sony IMX307 image processor and F/2.2 aperture, so your dash cam can deliver clear images at 1080p resolution, even in low-light systems. However, videos can be kept locally on a microSD card from 16.0 GB up to 128.0 GB. Furthermore, this 1080p dash cam can automatically record an emergency and save the videos thanks to a built-in G-sensor. Moreover, emergency 1080p videos are safely locked as “event files” to prevent an overwrite.
- Ease of Installation: There were few dash cams easier to install than the 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S in the installation process. Remove the wrapper covering the adhesive surface on the dash cam mount and hit an electrostatic sticker on your windshield; this dash cam is exemplary to go.
- Video Quality: The video quality of the dash cam is high, and the 130.0-degree wide-angle lens meant there was no distortion towards the edges of the pictures and videos this dash cam took. With this dash cam, we believe you won’t have any issue capturing license plates or incidents on the road.
- User Experience: The 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S app is effortless to connect to and is straightforward. There’s no guesswork concerned with this dash cam as the user manual demonstrates each step.
The Z-Edge Z3Pro is the Best Overall dash cam for below $100. This dual dash camera can grab up to 2560 x 1440p at 30 frames per second (FPS) via the front-facing camera and 1920 x 1080p HD footage at 30 FPS via the rear camera. Both front and rear dash cams contain night vision indicating you’ll have no concern capturing video footage in low-light conditions with a progressive NTK96675 processor. In addition, the dash camera features many automatic safeguards, including automatic recording once pivoting the ignition, built-in G-sensors for automatic recording while a crash is detected, and a parking mode watchdog for around-the-clock vehicle surveillance. The Z-Edge Z3Pro also shows wide dynamic range (WDR) technology that balances exposure to deliver the highest image quality possible.
- Ease of Installation: The Z-Edge Z3Pro is a snap to install and set up thoroughly. This dash cam presents a suction cup mount that serves nicely under your rearview mirror. In addition, you can seal the dashboard camera into place, making the installation process more accessible than any other dash cam below $100.
- Video Quality: A few dash cams below $100 deliver full HD (FHD) video. With a 155.0-degree field of view, and appreciation of a wide-angle lens, the HD video that this dual dash cam grabs will give you the most negligible share of blind spots and the best odds of capturing license plates.
- User Experience: Consistent with Android and iOS, the Z-Dash Cam app is straightforward. The app creates capturing and downloads images or videos quickly. Built-in WiFi also makes connectivity problems a thing of the past, as connecting the app to the dash cam couldn’t be more straightforward.
Galphi Dash Cam 2K
Capable of recording 1440p video at 30 FPS, the Galphi Dash Cam 2K is a suitable dash cam for recording what’s happening on the road in front of you. You can use the exclusive app, Petzio, on both the App Store and Google Play Store to view recordings, manage dash cam settings, and download videos. A GC complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) sensor with F/1.8 aperture and WDR technology allows this dash cam to have crystal-clear recording even in less than optimal settings. Equipped with a G-sensor, this dash cam will automatically save videos when a collision is detected. Furthermore, loop recording overwrites unprotected files while parking monitoring supports 24-hour continuous monitoring. A 170.0-degree wide-angle lens ensures your dash cam captures every road corner and limits its blind spots. Voice guidance tells you the dash cam’s current status and what it is doing.
- Ease of Installation: This dash cam held a relatively straightforward installation process. It doesn’t bring much more relaxed than that in terms of installing a dash cam.
- Video Quality: The dash cam handles nice clear pictures and videos with an incredible range of view thanks to a 170.0-degree wide-angle lens. Although this dash cam doesn’t have many blind spots, its video quality is not the same standard as some other dash cams.
- User Experience: Navigating through the app to download video files wasn’t much of a challenge. The process is self-explanatory, though a user manual is also included in the box, so you don’t need to worry about missing out on any steps.