Best android tablets in 2022 rarely make a case for ditching your iPad, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any good options available. Unfortunately, fewer and fewer manufacturers are arriving with Android tablets these days, so they may be effortless to overlook if you’re on the hunt for a new tablet since Apple’s iPad is often the evident choice.
However, some Android tablets are accomplishing their best to compete with the Apple iPad and are worth your consideration.
Buying Guide for Android Tablet in 2022
- Display: The resolution counts if you monitor Full HD (1080p) media on the device. A minimum of 720 lines (720p) is mandated in portrait orientation. Viewing angles is critical when the device is considered by more than one individual or at odd angles. Brightness is something to think about if the tablet is outdoors repeatedly. The more radiant the screen, the easier it is to see many glimmers. Coatings should be durable, so they won’t show blemishes and cleanse straightforwardly.
- Software: The tablet demand has more operating systems (OS) to select from than the smartphone or laptop market. In expansion to iOS and Android, there’s Amazon Fire OS and Microsoft Windows.
- Size and Weight: You should consider the size and weight of any potential purchase. The lighter, the better. Still, it shouldn’t compromise durability if the tablet is dropped. The measurements are also crucial, as the size determines how the device fits in your hands. For example, a top-heavy, comprehensive tablet may contest holding in portrait mode.
- Connectivity and Networking: Wi-Fi is straightforward, as this is for admission to local Wi-Fi networks. What matters here is which states of Wi-Fi the tablet supports. Any tablet should support 802.11n. The best option is to help both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio bands. Cellular is a time more complicated. You must think about carriers, coverage, contract rates, and compatibility with 3G, 4G, or 5G networks. Bluetooth may be employed for local peer-to-peer connections between tablets or peripherals, like a keyboard.
- Battery Life: There are two typical methods for measuring battery life. The first is through constant web browsing, while the other is founded on watching the video. Video watching plants to draw more power. Therefore, if you multitask laboriously or play games, anticipate battery life shorter than advertised. Reasonable running time should be at least eight hours of web scanning or video playback.
- Processors: The processors employed in tablets can vary. It has to accomplish how most tablets’ processors are designed and licensed. Most companies only list the clock speed and the number of cores. You often require to know more than this, as the chip architecture can impact the tablet PC’s battery life, performance, and size.
- Storage Space: Most tablets arrive with between 8 GB and 64 GB of space, which is short compared to laptops. Storage space isn’t critical if you only scan the web, stream video, and read books. If, on the other hand, you hold high-definition movies or lots of games, consider obtaining a higher capacity model. This way, you won’t keep shuffling data between your devices. In addition, tablets with flash memory slots can extend their storage space. Tablet storage can also be augmented by cloud storage, only accessible when the tablet is connected to the internet.
If you’re looking for a cheap tablet for media consumption or a premium tablet to serve as a laptop replacement, there is unquestionably an Android tablet option worth believing in 2022.
Best Android Tablet in 2022
Amazon Fire HD 10 (2019)
Amazon has arrived a long way from the foremost Kindle Fire tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 10 is Amazon’s most colossal tablet with 10-inch screen size and powerful speakers. Like its more miniature 8-inch sibling, the Fire HD 8, the tablet is loaded with benefits for Prime subscribers, making it comfortable for members to stream and download films, TV shows, and games. Unfortunately, Amazon’s Fire tablets don’t utilize a pure rendition of Android. Instead, Amazon’s Android-based Fire operating system removes apps from the Amazon App Store. However, you can still obtain apps from Google Play. Still, you’ll keep installing the store yourself — representing gaming enthusiasts have access to all of their favorite mobile games for perfect gaming tablet knowledge. Also, this is probably the closest thing we hold to a budget tablet on this best Android tablet list.
Google Pixel Slate
The Google Pixel Slate endeavors to match the iPad Pro and Microsoft Surface Pro by incorporating a tablet and Chromebook into a single device. Though it’s not a whole Android tablet (and it isn’t a good Android tablet), you retain access to the Android apps in the Google Play Store and an abundance of power to use them. It arrives with a stylus and includes:
- A 48Wh battery for up to 12 hours of battery life.
- Front and rear camera.
- A touchscreen LCD screen.
It also has a full desktop browser and Bluetooth mouse and keyboard support. It could even be utilized as a gaming tablet. The Pixel Slate also holds the opportunity for Google Assistant. Overall, just a powerful tablet.
Lenovo Smart Tab P10
The Lenovo Smart Tab P10 helps integrate a tablet and an intelligent display into one 10-inch device. This Lenovo tablet arrives with Android Oreo, a fingerprint scanner, front and rear cameras, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor. When you set it on the dock, the Lenovo Tab becomes a bright display, a lot like the Amazon Echo Show.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 tablet is packed in a lot for an Android device. It has a speedy Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor and flexible, expandable storage up to 1TB with a microSD card. The Galaxy Tab S6 also looks fantastic, with a super AMOLED display. Battery life clocks in nearly 15 hours, and the rear camera has a 13-megapixel resolution. And if you’ve ever used a Samsung Android device, the operation of this particular Samsung tablet will feel very intuitive and similar to a Samsung Android smartphone. Samsung’s DeX software updates even create the Tab S6, a possible laptop substitution, connecting you to a mouse and even an external display. Just grab a keyboard, and you’ll be all set.
Considering everything from battery life to screen size to facilitate use and pressure sensitivity — basically, all the factors that go into a great tablet.