Yesterday (Feb 7, 2016) I attended The Auto Expo 2016 held at Greater Noida, Near New Delhi. Where almost 100k people came to see the brilliance in Indian Automobile sector.
Hashtags : #BollywoodAutomobiles, #AkshayKumar, #FordMustang, #Cold #HugeCrowd
Here’s the official count from Auto Expo Twitter account.
I live about 300kms away from this Auto Expo exhibition taking place at Greater Noida, Knowledge Park-II. So, me and my elder brother started our journey early in the Morning.
4:40 AM we started from Jaipur, Rajasthan and by luck the traffic was almost nil and we reached there by 9 AM. We had 15-20 mins stoppage, so literally it took us 4 hours to complete our 300 Km journey by road in Audi A4 🙂 . Surprisingly we didn’t speed over 100 Km/Hr. (Speed limit on this NH-8 Highway is 90.)
After reaching there, We took the tickets from counter which was easy and fast as there was no queue at that time. We booked our tickets online via Bookmyshow (General entry : Rs400 for each).
From parking P1 (opp. ticket counter) to the entry gate no 4, we walked about 5 mins. But we didn’t enter the place till 10AM as the official timings are 10 AM to 6 PM. So, we waited for the gates to open and we clicked and saw what was around.
After hanging out there for about 40 mins, we entered the place at 10 AM and it was grand, quite big and spread over a 1000’s of sq ft. There were 16 Halls in total + Food courts + Outdoor Activity Areas.
We started from the Hall no 9, where Honda displayed some of there new and old vehicles. There was also a show in every hour or so, in which their Asimo robot does various activities.
Every hall had a set of Automobile manufacturing companies that took over a certain amount of area for their showcase.
In Mahindra there was a live band performing, here’s a video of it.
And there was a Hall 16, featuring Automobiles that were used in Bollywood Movies from past and present.
I was excited to see the Jai-Veeru Bike from Sholay 🙂 And the Bike from the Movie “Dhoom” a Hayabusa (2014).
And Mr Akshay Kumar was there ..
So, is this enough to go crazy or you have anything else to point out?
You tell me “What’s So Trendy About Auto Expo 2016 That Everyone Went Crazy Over It?”
Few Do’s :
- See the full expo, each Hall, everything can be done in one day.
- Wear easy shoes (sports shoes will be better).
- Take a camera and selfie stick with you. Many things to capture
- Keep drinking water at regular intervals, you might have to walk about 5 to 10 Kms to see everything. (Washrooms are in every hall and they are quite well maintained with aroma scents being used inside.)
- Eat light and healthy to stay active (number of food stalls were there, at affordable prices.) Fine Dining was also available in open and close areas.
- Wear warm clothes, it’s still chilly in Delhi, Fog and Smog as always.
- Don’t take heavy items to carry, you will get tired quickly.
- Don’t keep children wander by themselves, they will get lost easily. (Too crowded, too much noise)
- Don’t allow your cellphone to die, it will keep you in touch with fellows. (And pickpocketing can happen, so be carefull. )
Going from Jaipur to Greater Noida, take NH-8 and don’t leave it, it’s good and fast moving, avoid rush hour timings.
Another way to going back to Jaipur is via Yamuna Expressway, but the roads, from Mathura to Bharatpur are highly damaged and don’t even think of trying them.
We started again around 6:20 PM and reached back around 12:30, as we took the Yamuna Expressway route. Heavy traffic, Trucks, Bad Roads.
That’s it, did you like the post, please comment below and share it if you like.