4 Free Apps To Locate Your Lost Or Stolen Android Phone In No Time
Android OS – a great mobile operating system from Google, which has rapidly taken the market share and giving hard time to already established OS like iOS, RIM, Symbian and others. Recently, reports has shown that it outsmarted RIM and iPhones sale in this quarter. Well, the most obvious reasons for its great showdown is all big companies like HTC, Samsung, Motorola are manufacturing their phones with Android OS installed.
There are many other reasons that users get attracted towards Android phones such as high quality camera, bigger screens, google apps pre-installed, increasing App Marketplace and many other features too. I am an proud owner of Android phone too from last 7 months and it’s working quite great till now.
Due to know why I brought a new Android phone because I lost my iPhone in a restaurant and was not able to recover it. That incident gaves a lesson and believe me since then I always find a good app that helps to track the phone via GPS. Luckily, I found “Find my Phone” apps that helps you to locate your missing Android phone in no time.
If you don’t want to lose your Android phone in the future, I recommend you to check these “Find my phone” apps too so that you don’t panic at the time you lost your phone. Installing these apps will help you to track down your Android phone when you forget it somewhere, lost it or someone stoled it.
So, have a look on 4 free apps to track Android Phone in no time. If you use any other app for the same reason, please be kind and share with our readers.
1. Lookout Mobile Security : A whole lot more than “Find My Phone” app for Android that allows you to not only locate your device when it is stolen or lost but also helps you to take backup of phone data t regular intervals. This app is also no.1 security apps that will protect you from various malwares or viruses from being attacked your Android Phone. Let’s see what its Find my phone feature does :
- Find your lost or stolen phone by locating it on a Google map
- Activate a loud alarm to find your phone nearby, even if it is on silent
- Locate your phone by remotely enabling GPS, so you can find your phone even if GPS is turned off
- Log in to myLookout.com from any web browser to locate your phone
2. Plan B : Another great app provided by the developers of Lookout Mobile Security App. This is the first app of its kind that you can download after you have lost your phone. This app is really helpful when you lost your phone and didn’t have any “Find my Phone” app installed in your Android phone. Let’s see how it works :
- Install Plan B to the phone that you are trying to find from the Android Market website: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb.
- Plan B will start automatically and send your phone’s location to your Gmail address.
- If it doesn’t start, borrow a friend’s phone and text the word “locate” to your lost phone.
3. Wheres My Droid : Another “Find my Phone” app, another set of features. If you phone is lost anytime and it’s in silent mode, you can text your phone with the custom set attention word and this app will turn silent mode off and start ringing. There is one other option to set a attention word to get the GPS location of your phone. Some of the features of this app are :
- Find phone by making it ring/vibrate
- Find phone using GPS location
- Passcode protection to prevent unauthorised app changes
- Use computer to email ether attention word.
4. Android Lost : It controls your phone if you are connected to internet and by sms, you can even wipe the phone, lock it completely, erase everything on SD card etc. With good rating of this app, it has really become an essential part of one’s collection of app. This app is also considered as the best security app