We all deal with PDFs in our daily lives. Whether there are technical menus or white papers, or in case schematics, we get to use them and edit them with our own resources. PDFelement is an excellent tool that allows you to accomplish various tasks like editing and annotating PDFs, arrange the PDF pages along with adding and editing them with quite an ease. Few of its best features are mentioned below.
Features of PDFelement
1. It allows the user to convert any type of document into PDF as well as change and even convert various PDFs into different format such as Word file, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint and even text file format such as Text.
It also makes it easy to convert PDF into image and other formats too. The user can easily create and fill PDF forms and even crop, split and rotate the PDFs. It also allows to add watermarks along with headers and footers with page numbers to PDFs and many other features. PDFelement is a great alternative to industry standards such as Adobe Acrobat Pro and BlueBeam Revu.
2. It allows moving deleting and even rotating of pages in a PDF. You can manipulate PDFs from the menu bar or the thumbnail. In case of Thumbnail pane, you can easily drag and drop along with copy and paste pages. It also provide you the methods to edit text and objects directly in a PDF. It allows you to edit and annotate the PDF pages with much ease. The annotate feature is quite handy for both collaboration and reviewing of the documents.
You can easily add text boxes as well as notes, highlights, arrows, underlines and many more things in the PDF. It also makes it quite easy to see to see the comments in the PDF.
3. However PDFelement Standard doesn’t come with OCR but you can easily take the OCR functionalities for a spin with a free trial of PDFelement Professional which also include OCR.
OCR is a short-form of Optical Character Recognition which allow you to convert an image text into readable, editable text with the help of processing a document.
You can try the OCR with various types of documents and you will be quite impressed with it. Even with crudely scanned pages, this software managed to recognize almost every bit of the text on the PDF. It also approximated the font in the OCR version and provides an accurate version.
4. PDFelement comes with features such as conversions of editable documents such as Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. It also allows you to convert the various format such as file in Word format, Excel, PPT, Image as well as HTML and RTF formats too.
The conversion is quite simple for electronic files but when it comes to scanned documents, the work become a bit trickier. Converting one file format to PDF is not a great feature but still it delivers great quality.
5. It provides protection as well as security features with redaction. You can also password protect PDFs and even sign and validate the signatures. In case you wish to password protect a PDF, you will also require password to access it even if you use other program to open it.
It also has a great feature known as Search and Redact. You can easily search any terms and then redact it in every instant. It is quite useful tool in case you wish to work on sensitive information or any sort of confidential data.
When it comes to availability of the software for different operating systems, PDFelement is available for Windows, Mac and even iOS systems. This allows the different users of various platform to take appropriate use of this software.