Have you eternally tried working on a project without project management software, then you have missed something huge. A small wrong step in a plan can overturn almost everything, all your hard wok and strategy can be a loss. To err is human and not businesses can survive these missteps. Thier might be money on the stakes, and your business can be completely wiped out.
Don’t worry we have solutions few real solutions.
SME’s now have many free project management tools to organize and make way for innovative steps that will keep everything intact.
Today, we have gathered ten of the best free project management tools and applications that can turn your companies annual profits with productivity. Best of luck.
You may also like:
With rising demands of project management within all areas and the software industry in specific, need for better and free project management tools in order to manage software efficiently is also rising. An effective and good project management must be robust and fast and must contain features such as:
- Costs Control
- Resource Allocation
- Budget Management
In this article, we’ll specifically discuss best 10 free project management tools that can help you in your project management:
It is a free and open source desktop substitute to Microsoft Project. OpenProj solution is perfect for desktop project’s management and it is available on Unix, Linux, Windows or Mac. It’s a total desktop replacement of the Microsoft Project and opens even present native Project files. It shares the most superior scheduling engine in industry with the Projects on Demand. This solution has Earned Value costing, Network Diagrams (the PERT Charts), Gantt Charts, RBS and WBS charts, and a lot more.
This is one among the easiest to use, Gantt chart based project’s scheduling and management free project management tools. Major features contain Task dependencies and hierarchy, Gantt chart, Generation of PERT charts, Resource load chart, HTML and PDF reports, MS Project export/import as well as WebDAV based groups work management.
It is an online, multi-language, multi-user Project Management solution. It’s open-source free software for all uses and it is maintained by open community of the volunteer programmers. Its key features consist of:
- Tasks and Projects
- Companies, Contacts and Departments
- Resource Allocation
- To Do lists
- Gantt Charts
It is one of the most powerful and modern; Open Source free project management tools. Its new ways for planning and tracking projects is more superior and flexible to the commonly utilized Gantt chart editing tool. It already has been successfully utilized in lots of projects as well as scales simply to projects with lots of resources and tasks. This is project management solution for the serious project managers. This covers the complete range of the project management tasks starting from the very first idea to completion of project. It helps you during the project scoping, revenue and cost planning, resource assignment, communication and risk management.
TaskJuggler offers an optimizing scheduler which computes your project’s time lines and resources assignments based on project outline and constraints which you have provided. Built-in consistency checker and resource balancer offload you from needing to worry about inappropriate details and ring an alarm if project goes out of your hands. The flexible “as much details as required”-approach lets you to plan your project, making it also perfect for fresh management strategies like Agile Project Management and Extreme Programming.
This also is an open source free modular application for coordination of group activity and to share document and information via the internet. Components of PHProjekt consist of Group Calendar, Time Card System, Project Management, File Management, Mail Client, Contact Manager, and much more.
This is a lightweight, small, platform-independent program which is written in Java which allows anybody managing multiple projects, tasks or clients to effectively keep a track of how long they’ve exactly worked on every project. Key features consist of:
- Easily integrated in existing billing system or time management; JDBC support is also included so that you instantly can upload your projects and times into most ODBC and JDBC compliant databases
- Released as an open source, so that you don’t need to worry about customization or vendor lock-in problems.
- Platform-independent, so that you can unify your Windows, OS X, Solaris and Linux workstations with single application
- Extensible quickly by utilizing plugins which are created using standard JavaBeans frameworks. Users and the other developers easily can create their plugins to add custom functionality quickly to ConsultComm
- Customizable to fit your personal style preferences uniquely
This is also one among the self-hosted PHP, Open-Source free project management tools for managing tasks, teams and projects through an instinctive web interface. It will help your company communicate, work together and get the things done. Actually its function is same as commercial project management products, however allows the scalability and freedom of self-hosting.
It’s a complete web-based solution focused on enhancing productivity, collaboration, management and communication of your teams. The key features consist of:
- Manage tasks, contacts, documents, calendar, e-mail
- Manage project progress, bill your customers, and track time.
- Access information from elegant and single dashboard.
- Communicate with vendors, clients and co-workers.
It is another modern Web application which allows teams to work together on projects, manage files, milestones, and tasks, and send immediate message to each other. It’s Multi-language capable, supports more than even 20 languages. It integrates with the other web services via XML API. It provides importing functionality also for data from the other applications.
This is an open source, flexible project management web solution. Written utilizing Ruby on the Rails framework, it’s cross-database and cross-platform. The key features include:
- Flexible based access control
- Multiple projects support
- Flexible issues tracking system
- Gantt chart
- News, files & documents management
- Email & Feeds notifications
- Time tracking
- Per project forums
- Per project wiki
- Custom fields for time-entries, issues, users and projects
- SCM integration (CVS, SVN,Git, Mercurial, Darcs and Bazaar)
- Multiple LDAP verification support
- Multilanguage support
- Issue creation using email
- Users self-registration support
- Multiple databases support