9 Best Freeware for Organizing Information
How do you organize your useful information? When you asked this questions you’ll get different answers, some store them in free form databases, some use beefed up text editors or some use multi-media snippet managers.
In today’s electronic world, organizing all useful information is a challenging task. This useful information can be in form of web clips, articles, bits of text, images, interesting web links, bookmarks, shopping lists, to-do lists, recipes, tips and many others. It becomes difficult to sort out this information.
If you are searching for free information organizers. Check out the following.
1. Evernote is an outstanding product designed for notetaking and archiving. You can create notes on the page, drag-and-drop or cut-and-paste them. “Note” can be a piece of text, webpage or webpage excerpt, image a voice memo,etc. Notes can also have file attachments.
This supports multiple notebooks. To organize your notes, the program allows for multiple tags to a note. It also supports a number of operating system platforms (including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Chrome OS, Android, iOS and WebOS), and also offers online synchronization and backup services.
Evernote offers a mix of a desktop application and web services. Its free account comes with a lower upload limit and other restrictions. Now it is bundled with OpenCandy.
2. CintaNotes is a free, lightweight and easy to use portable personal notes manager. It lets you quicly save and tag useful information.
It supports clipping text from any application and also captures the web or local file link. The program allows tags and has instant search based on tags, text, links or date. It does not support the images.
3. NotesHolder is a user friendly notes organizer. Notes appear in a small , blue screen, and stack on top of one another.
The notes also allow for scrolling. You can create notes by double clicking the top panel and paste a note copied from anywhere but not images. You can add a subject to a note, or set a reminder.
4. AllMyNotes is an outliner application which allows you to store all documents and notes in a single storage file.
Its features include organization of notes with hierarchy boxes, projecting for assignment of priorities to all items, System tray menu, Global search, Password protection of data file and separate folders, 16 skins, Alarm, Spell Checker, Multilingual, etc.
5. Flashnote is a lightweight, user friendly notes manager. It is used when you need a rough copy to save or to process some pieces of a text.
Rough copy can be opened by using the shortcut- key combination and pressing ESC make it hidden.
6. Linked Notes is a free Wiki styled notepad to organize your notes. Notes are arranged into pages having index numbers for easy navigation. A toolbar is also provided for easy navigation(forward, backward and home). You can do basic formatting of your text such as bold, italics, strikethrough, font, etc.
Linked Notes minimizes the system tray and can run from a USB flash drive. You can even import and export pages as text or RTF files format.
7. SimpleNotes is a free and user friendly way of keeping notes, lists, and ideas.
You can anytime access your notes from anywhere. You even get a plenty of storage space for your notes. Other features include sharing and publishing, secure transfers, multiple backups, instant searches, tagging, etc.
8. Quicknote has a typical user interface with some additional utilities such as simple drawing tool, reminder, unit converter, screen measurer, etc.
9. Delphinus Notes is freeware program used to manage and organize your notes in a secure manner. It contains notes, notepad, calendar and expenditure modules.
Its additional features include showing time in 3 time zones, import and export of notes, autohide function, etc.
Let us know if you have some other notes or information organizers, we would love to have them in our list.