Must Have Software – 15 Free Programs For Windows 7
In our previous article, we have presented the best free antivirus softwares for Windows 7 which was appreciated by our readers. Few days before, I got a mail from one of my regular reader who told me to write a article on best free softwares for windows 7 which are essential when you purchase your new Windows 7 copy.
So, in this article, I am gathering best free programs for Windows 7 that I have tested personally and would not hesitate in recommending them to the users.
These softwares are result of developers – they work hard to create such amazing free softwares that works well and do the job pretty efficiently. These all free Windows 7 softwares stands out in terms of quality and will fulfill pretty much of all your computing needs.
I believe these options are must have softwares for Windows 7 to complete all your day-to-day computing needs and you should download right away after installing your Windows 7. Alternatively, you can check our super-cool collection of Top 10 free softwares offered by Microsoft company itself.
And for now, have a look on SaveDelete’s compilation of 15 must have free software programs for your Windows 7.
1) GIMP : You already have spend bucks to purchase WIndows 7 and why again want to spend large amount of money on Photoshop. GIMP comes in rescue, it a versatile graphics manipulation package. It is a gem for professionals who can’t afford Photoshop Suite.
2) Microsoft Security Essentials : Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.Microsoft Security Essentials is a free download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up to date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. It’s easy to tell if your PC is secure — when you’re green, you’re good. It’s that simple. For more details and how to download MSE, you can check our article totally dedicated on MSE. Alternatively, you check our latest collection of best free antivirus softwares for Windows 7.
3) RocketDock : RocketDock is a smoothly animated, alpha blended application launcher. It provides a nice clean interface to drop shortcuts on for easy access and organization. With each item completely customizable there is no end to what you can add and launch from the dock. Now with added Taskbar support your minimized windows can appear as icons on the dock. This allows for better productivity and accessibility.
4) 7 – Zip : 7 – Zip archive utility is available as open source and is free to use. 7Z is fast, efficient and free.
5) VLC Media Player : The media player that fills all your needs. It can handle DVDs, (S)VCDs, Audio CDs, web streams, TV cards and much more. You don’t need to keep track of a dozen codec packs you need to have installed. VLC has all codecs built-in. It comes with support for nearly all codec there is.
6) Mozilla Firefox : Mozilla Firefox is a free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite and managed by Mozilla Corporation. Latest Firefox features include tabbed browsing, spell checking, incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager,private browsing, etc. And Firefox add-ons will add mostly any functionality you’ll need. Alternative – Google Chrome
7) CCleaner : CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.
8 ) CDBurnerXP : CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. Though it includes XP in name but works like a charm in Windows 7. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a multilanguage interface. Everyone, even companies, can use it for free. It does not include adware or similar malicious components.
9) Fences : Fences is originally “Desktop Icon Organizer”. It ss a program that helps you organize your desktop and can hide your icons when they are not in use.Clean and organize your desktop by creating shaded areas which become movable and sizable containers for your icons. Double click blank spaces on your desktop and all your fences will fade out, and back.
10) Digsby : Digsby is a multiprotocol IM client. e-mail notification tool, social networking tool that lets you chat with all your friends on AIM, Facebook, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber with one simple to manage buddy list. If you want a multi-client IM which is light on resources, you can try another great option which is absolutely free – Pidgin.
11) Mozilla Thunderbird : Thunderbird is e-mail client that is flexible to suit your personality, to give you the features you need, and to fit your work style. Change how Thunderbird looks or add as many features as you want.
12) NotePad ++ : Windows 7 makes no improvement to the default Notepad application. Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
13) OpenOffice : OpenOffice, a popular open-source suite, is a great alternative to expensive Microsoft Office suite.
14) Windows Live Essentials : Windows Live Essentials includes free programs from Microsoft for photos, movies, instant messaging, e‑mail, blogging, family safety, and more. Get them all in one download and get more done with Windows.