8 Twitter SEO Tips To Search Engine Optimize Your Tweets
As we all know Twitter is growing on an enormous speed. According to a report by Econsultancy, Twitter has more that 75 million user accounts in which 15 million users are active.
That is an impressive no. of people sending millions of tweets. I think this is really a great platform for businesses to keep updated their followers about company’s new products and offerings who wish to follow them.
Even some time before, Google made an agreement with Twitter to show tweets in their search results. It means your tweets can be viewed as an unique listing in Google Search Engine which can help in increasing traffic on your website.
I think indexing of tweets in search engine offers a great way for businesses to show their presence in Google Search Engine. This is the best time to start optimizing your Twitter presence to maximize your results.
So, in this article, I am going to share 8 Twitter tips to improve your SEO performance which will help you to build quality links in Google Search Engine.
1) Choose a Twitter handle wisely : Twitter handle which is also known as your Username is most important aspect when thinking from a SEO perspective. Be sure to choose a name which is relevant to your brand or company name. Also try to choose a targeted keywords in your username which will help for better indexing of your tweets in the Google Search Engine.
2) Choose proper account name : You have to optimize your Twitter account name which reflects your brand. Account name is the name which shows next to your profile and you can choose it differently from your handle/URL. So choose an account name which helps you to promote your company or brand.
3) Optimize your Bio content : Make sure to optimize your Twitter’s page “Bio” content which is constantly indexed in search engines. Your Bio content words limit is 160 so take full advantage by placing most targeted keywords. But make sure not to overdo the keywords thing.
4) Integrate Twitter link in your website : Do not forget to show your Twitter profile link in website so that it’ll be easy for visitors to follow you, for ex., place “Follow on Twitter” link on your website and footer. This will also help in driving your Twitter URL up in the Google Search Engine.
5) Place your website URL : Be sure to include your website’s URL’s in account settings which will also help in driving traffic to your website. Though you will not get any SEO link juice due to Twitter “nofollow” system but still the link will be indexed in Google Search Engine.
6) Keyword optimization of your Tweets : The most important part of your Tweet for SEO is the first 40 characters which will include your account name and initial characters of each tweet. So, try to place keywords in your tweets which will help your “Tweet” link up in the search engines.
7) Use Hashtags : Using hashtags is important factor for SEO consideration because hashtags are similar to keywords metadata. So, create a tweet by prefixing a word with a hash smybol : #hashtag.
8 ) Tweet and Retweet relevant to your profile : Always remember to post tweets relevant to your blog or website content in mind. For ex : if you are providing tips on latest softwares, and suddenly tweets about political concerns, your followers may not love it. It will results in decrease in number of followers.