I have been using Google Chrome from quite a long time now and the speed and lower memory usage makes it much better. But there were lots of features were lacking which always stopped me to switch fully from Firefox to Google Chrome. As I am addicted to use lots of Firefox extensions and frankly speaking I can’t live without them.
But now, there are lots of Google Chrome Extensions you can try out. To use them, you have to first download the latest beta version of Google Chrome.
List of 12 very useful add-ons for Google Chrome web browser
2) StumbleUpon : I know you all use Stumbleupon and not having a Stumbleupon toolbar for Chrome was really annoying. But now, clicking a button is all you have to do as you do in Firefox. This is still the web version of the Stumbleupon toolbar. You have to just click the SU logo on your browser and it will open a web toolbar so you can go stumbling. Just click the SU logo now on your browser and it will instantly open a web toolbar so you can go stumbling. After finishing, you can click on the SU logo again and toolbar goes away. When you are finished, press the button again and the web toolbar goes away. Much faster and more convenient for those impulse moments when you want to have a quick stumble or two.
3) Chromed Bird : This really makes your Google Chrome more lively because this extension adds a button on your Google Chrome toolbar to give an easy access to your Twitter account. You can tweet or read recent tweets by your friends, just by clicking the button. You can also make any tweet favorite and access that later.
4) RSS Subscription Extenstion : Another thing lacking in Google Chrome was webpage RSS feeds was not being auto-discovered. But now you can install this extension and clicking on it helping you to preview the feed content and subscribe. The extension comes with 4 feed readers predefined (Google Reader, iGoogle, Bloglines and My Yahoo) but also allows you to add any web-based feed reader of your choice to the list.
5) Google Mail Checker : It places a button in your toolbar that checks the unread mail in your inbox. Clicking the button will give you a preview for all unread messages. But, I am missing one thing that I can’t login into multiple accounts to check unread mails in all different accounts.
6) AddThis – Email, Bookmark, Share, Translate : This is a extension which I was waiting for in Google Chrome web browser and now I can share any webpage to Facebook, Twitter, Delicious, Mixx etc. in just one click.
7) YouTubeDownloader : Another cool extension which helps you to download YouTube videos right from the YouTube video page. After installing this extension , when are on video page you will find “Download” button in yellow color in right hand side of the webpage. Now you can download any video right from there in HD, 3GP, MP4, FLV format onto your desktop.
8 ) PageRank & Alexa Rank checker(Drag and Drop) : This is simple bookmark which helps you to see the page rank and alexa ranking of the opened website in a small window in the left side.
9) Aviary Screen Capture : A must tool for bloggers and designers which helps you to capture the screenshot of any webpage and edit directly in your browser with Aviary applications. There are lot of other editing options too like image editor, markup editor, vector editor, color palette editor, effects editor & audio editor.
10) goo.gl URL Shortener : This is new Google URL shortener which allows you to shorten the current website URL with your favorite social sites like twitter, facebook, blogger, delicious, digg, myspace, gmail or your default mail client.
11) Google Wave Notifier : This extension is for those who don’t want to open their Google Wave account again and again for checking unread waves. It displays the number of unread waves and notifies by a pop-up also.
12) Facebook for Google Chrome : This extension helps you to read your Facebook news feeds and wall and can change status by clicking on your profile picture. But still it does not support to comment, like or dislike the posts on news feeds. Hope, the developers of this extension are working on this issue.
After all these add-ons, I think Google Chrome web browser is steadily making its space in web browsing market and is giving tough fight to Firefox.