Google has planned to Kill Facebook and Twitter with a roaring news of integrating status updates in Gmail. Isn’t that Big. I think its gonna be deciding factor for the future of all the three biggies. The things which is feel can affect Google, Facebook & Twitter are as follows.
Let’s look at the Brighter Side First
- One more social feature for users - Options, options & more options for the users.
- Gmail will supposedly make a stream of “social media and status updates” within its Web-based interface.
- List of status updates with all activities will be streamed to “post and view messages about their day-to-day happenings.”
- Users can select who see’s your profile updates & few more powers with that.
Dark End for Google
- Orkut – The Google’s Social networking Website has never made a huge fan base other than in Brazil & India.
- The SideWiki Feature ( Another Social Feature ) of Google also can’t grab that much interest in users.
- The Fan base of Facebook & Twitter is immense and strong enough to be loosing any interest in them, if Google doesn’t Sync those with the Status Updates on these sites, They will be in trouble. I think it will be bye bye for Google in social networking again.
- And what happened to the Big hyped Google Wave. Is it Dead yet or is it rising till now.
Well we are going to find about all these things in a day or two. As Google has invited Media for some ball room action. Yet Another release that will be hyped greatly for sure.
There are Tons of Discussions around the web and here are few I grabbed.
Discussion: Mashable!, Technologizer, TechCrunch, Scobleizer, New York Times, Go Rumors, L.A. Times Tech Blog, CNET News, Wall Street Journal, InformationWeek, Epicenter, PC World, ReadWriteWeb, Computerworld, the Econsultancy blog, Between the Lines, SocialTimes.com, TG Daily, VentureBeat, Techland, Geekword, DailyFinance, Network World, paidContent, Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land, TechFlash, John Battelle’s Searchblog and The Next Web