Almost everyday a new Android phone arrives in the market, with so much noise we decided to provide you our pick for best android phone.
For people in a hurry, you just need to see this:
- Nexus 6P
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Motorola Moto X Style (Pure Edition)
- LG V10
- Sony Xperia Z5
- LG G4
Now let’s see them in detail, starting with the Nexus 6P
Best Android Phone – January 2016
The recent Google event where this phone was announced, made by Huawei has great specifications to impress anybody.
Quad HD AMOLED display and a ultra fast Snapdragon 810 processor, that has a battery f 3450 mAh with 12MP rear camera. With all of this, its super cheap pricing is just an icing on the cake. Starts at $499 and can be bought from Google Store.
Specifications of Nexus 6P
- 5.7-inch AMOLED (1440 x 2560 res) and 518ppi
- Snapdragon 810 processor (Qualcomm)
- RAM – 3GB
- No microSD card slot.
- Storage – 32/64/128GB
- Camera – 12MP rear, 8MP front
- Battery – 3450 mAh (non-removable)
- OS – Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Frost, Aluminum and Graphite
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
The king of big screen smartphones, Samsung is our next best Android phone that has clear 5.7-inch display and powerful 7420 Exynos CPU accompanied with 16MP rear camera.
This solid device comes in a all-glass chassis that is somewhat similar to Galaxy S6. The S Pen is much improved and this device is for multi-tasking capability that will do all kind of jobs. Plus you get a nicer, cleaner software that’s better than past Android devices from Samsung.
The downside for many Samsung enthusiasts remains in non-removable battery and no microSD card slot.
Specification of Galaxy Note 5
- Screen: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED
- Display: 1440 x 2560, with 518 ppi
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7420
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB on board, no microSD card slot
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Size: 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 171g
- Colors/Variants: White Pearl, Silver Titan, Gold Platinum, Black Sapphire
Samsung Galaxy S6
If have been following Samsung’s Galaxy smartphones, than you might know by now that GS3 was the last phone that had something unique and hence was very popular. The after models Galaxy S4 & S5 were not that bad, but still people from the industry criticized its highly derivative nature.
With Samsung Galaxy S6 the Korean company has now grabbed the attention with front and back melding in glass and metal. This redesign has been appreciated by many. But there is no removable battery and no microSD card slot.
Galaxy S6 now has processor of Exynos 7420 leaving the Qualcomm from previous versions. RAM of 3GB is also a welcome change.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has same specs with special dua edges and unique design that stands out the normal Galaxy S6.
Specification of Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge:
- Screen: 5.1-inch super AMOLED
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440, 577 ppi
- Processor: Exynos 7420
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32/64/128 GB (no microSD card slot)
- Camera: 16MP Rear with OIS, 5MP Front (90 degree wide angle lens)
- Battery: 2550mAh for S6 and 2600 mAh for S6 Edge
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Weight: 138g
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8mm
- Color/variant: Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz(S6 only), White Pearl, Black Sapphire and Green Emerald in (S6 Edge only)
Motorola Moto X Style (Pure Edition)
Moto X Style has the perfect balance with its simplicity, style, performance and price. Although Moto X from 2014 had lower specs but had greater performance, this time they have picked themselves with specs as well.
The style of Moto X is unique with number of options available for customized color of metal areas, back option with different materials like wood, rubber and leather.
At $399 price this phone is equipped with Snapdragon 808 processor but Moto has already shown greater performance with these little old chipsets. It has been competing with smartphones like OnePlus 2, LG G4 and Nexus 6.
Specification of Moto X Style (Pure Edition):
- Screen: 5.7-inch
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440p, 520 ppi
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 16/32/64GB on board expandable upto 128GB with microSD
- Camera: 21MP rear, 5MP front
- Battery: 3000mAh
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dimension: 153.9 x 76.2 x 11.06mm
- Weight: 179g
- Custom design, color, style via Moto Maker
The first ever smartphone with manual mode for recording video, two front-facing cameras, two display screen (small second screen) and same specs as the LG G4 the previous version from company.
The second screen is a type ticker that can display notification, shortcuts, weather info and app shortcuts, it is handy and unique, still the placement of screen is a bit off.
It also has a good fingerprint scanner which is quite reliable and a shock absorption can be another added advantage for users.
Specification of LG V10:
- Display: 5.7-inch IPS Quantum
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440,513 ppi
- Secondary display: 2.1-inch IPS Quantum
- Secondary resolution: 160 x 1040, 513 ppi
- Processor: Snapdragon 808 from Qualcomm
- RAM: 4Gb
- Storage: 64GB on board, expandable upto 2TB
- Camera: 16MP rear, 5MP front (Dual lens)
- Battery: 3000mAh removable
- Dimensions: 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 192g
- Color: Opal Blue, Modern Beige, Ocean Blue, Space Black
Also see – Upcoming Android Phones
This is pretty much right now, does your selection of best android phone is in the list? Please comment and let us know your views.