There are chances that mostly all of you are viewing this article in one of the web browsers : Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer or Opera. As these are the web browsers that are widely used all over the world. Most users those surf internet regularly never try a new web browser instead of the mentioned above.
But I believe using different browsers in different situations will increase your productivity and save your time. For example, there are web browsers which excel in areas like developing websites, social networking or 3D experience etc. There are many alternative web browsers that are too good to use and become more productive for some users than the ones they are using now.
So, this post features some of the best alternative web browsers available which are productive, easy, simple and fun to use. If you are experimental like me, you can also try something different and who knows it become much better than your default browser.
And for now, let’s get straight to the 18 amazing alternative web browsers you should try. If you are already using any of the below web browsers, don’t forget to tell us in the comments section below.
1) Flock : Flock is a browser built on Mozilla’s Firefox codebase with a focus on social media. It works on Windows, Mac and Linux. Flock features a number of social media integrations with sites like Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Picasa, Gmail, LiveJournal and much more.
2) K – Meleon : K-Meleon is an extremely fast, customizable, lightweight web browser based on the Gecko layout engine developed by Mozilla which is also used by Firefox. K-Meleon is free, open source software released under the GNU General Public License and is designed specifically for Microsoft Windows (Win32) operating systems.
3) Camino : Camino is an open source web browser developed with a focus on providing the best possible experience for Mac OS X users. Camino also features add-ons and integrates with a number of OS X features and services.
4) Maxthon : Maxthon is easy to use and powerful straight out of the the box. It’s free for all and already downloaded more than 400 million. Maxthon is 100% free of viruses, spyware, adware – any kind of malware.The built-in Ad Hunter blocks harmful, or just irritating ads, images and pages. It works only for Windows and also compatible for WIndows 7 OS.
5) xB Browser : xB Browser is the most popular free and open-source anonymous web browser in the world, with over 9 million downloads. You’re just a click away from anonymous surfing right now! With xB Browser you can securely and anonymously surf the internet, and bypass firewalls and website censorship. The main advantage compared to other anonymous web browsers is that xB Browser requires no configuration or technical knowledge in order to achieve anonymity. It works in Windows 2k, NT, XP, Vista, and Vista x64.
6) Shiira : Shiira is a web browser for the Mac OS X. It is has a great design and a very eye candy interface. It is one of the fastest and most functional browsers for users of Mac OS X.
7) OmniWeb 5.8 : OmniWeb is a powerful, feature-rich alternative to the standard web browser. Save time and be more productive by using built-in web shortcuts and unique drag-and-drop tabbed windows. Stay organized with workspaces that save web pages you have in your tabs, your history, and even the location of your windows on your screen.
10) Amaya : Amaya is a Web editor, i.e. a tool used to create and update documents directly on the Web. Browsing features are seamlessly integrated with the editing and remote access features in a uniform environment. This follows the original vision of the Web as a space for collaboration and not just a one-way publishing medium. Work on Amaya started at W3C in 1996 to showcase Web technologies in a fully-featured Web client. The main motivation for developing Amaya was to provide a framework that can integrate as many W3C technologies as possible. It is used to demonstrate these technologies in action while taking advantage of their combination in a single, consistent environment. The Amaya software is written in C and is available for Windows, Unix platforms and MacOS X.
11) SpaceTime : Web browser SpaceTime is for Windows Vista users and inclued 3D with web pages, content and search results. Pages are displayed in 3D stacks that you can navigate using your mouse, zooming into pages, around them, organising and arranging them.
12) SlimBrowser : SlimBrowser is a fast and secure internet browser for Windows fully loaded with powerful features. It starts up quickly and opens web pages right in front of you with minimum delay. It is designed to let you browse the Internet carefree by guarding your personal information and protecting your privacy. SlimBrowser offers various functions and options so that you can go where you want and get whatever you want over the Internet with as few clicks as possible and as little distraction as possible.
13) Pale Moon : Why settle for a basic build of your Firefox browser on Windows Operating Systems when you can have one that performs 25% faster? Mozilla does not provide optimized browser packages for Windows, while many Linux (“from scratch”) users get the advantage of a browser built specifically for their system. That needs to change! So, here is the Pale Moon project: Custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make sure to get the most speed out of your browser!
14) iCab : iCab is a web browser for the Apple Macintosh. iCab is an alternative web browser for the Apple Macintosh with numerous useful features not found in other browsers.
18) LunaScape : Lunascape is the world’s only triple engine browser for Windows OS. What this means is that you can have the best features, performance, and speed of, Windows Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari all in one browser and can view any website in an optimal way without a need to open another browser.